Senior Data Engineer at Versent
Apply to Versent
Apply to Versent
Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services. Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we've grown to over 400 family members both locally and internationally. With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2021.
Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services. Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we've grown to over 360 family members both locally and internationally. With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2020.
We have some of the best techs in Australia and due to client demand and we're on the hunt for experienced Data Engineers to come on board.
As our Data Engineer you will help deliver scalable, automated, repeatable ‘big data’ and analytic patterns within the AWS stack. Versent Data Engineers understand both data pipeline development, operations and management as well as delivery of automated data solutions that are ready for production operations.
- From a development or operations background (or an existing DataOps Team)
- Understanding what getting something “done done” looks like (documentation, testing, operational requirements, continuous improvement of process)
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Knowledge of relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, etc.
- Extensive experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, NiFi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud data services: EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Glue
- Previous exposure to stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: SQL, Python, PySpark, Scala, etc
At the core of what we do, we're an engineering company. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are end of month social and drinks, both family and Versent Christmas parties and weekly knowledge sharing sessions.
We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success. We have monthly social events to bring everyone together, often supporting charity initiatives such as TourXOz and RUOK Day. We're supportive of bringing both kids and dogs into the office (which makes it a bit more lively!) and have a flexible work environment.
VERSENT VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.
Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.
Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.
Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.
Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.
Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.
More jobs at Versent
- 6 O'Connell Street, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000
- 200 Adelaide Street, Brisbane City, QLD, 4000
- 145 Russell Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000
- Perth CBD, WA, 8000