QA Automation Lead at Willow
Apply to Willow
Tech Skills & Experience:
If you are eager to work in a fast paced, high growth tech start up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.Apply to Willow
Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start up developing and evolving digital twin technology.
The WillowTwin™ is a ground-breaking software solution that deploys digital twins for the built world to collect, organise, and analyse data.
Recently Ranked in LinkedIn's "2020 Australian Top 10 Startups", you will be joining a team of high-performance individuals, backed by the most advanced integrating technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast paced, nurturing and collaborative.
Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting to our Sydney based VP of Engineering, you will be implementing and refining strategies to improve our quality practices and automated testing approaches. You will help to define and measure a range of quality metrics across all our products with the express goal of helping teams discover new ways to further improve quality.
You can expect to be hands-on in your role. You will initially be embedded with one of our product teams so that you can lead by example, establishing and proving the practical patterns and toolsets that other teams will follow. After that you will widen your role; sharing, educating, coaching, and influencing all teams and partnering with others to continuously improve the quality of all we build and how we build it.
Tech Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience writing automated tests for web and/or mobile client applications, and back-end APIs.
- 7+ years of experience in a commercial software development environment
- Experience in non-functional test automation, such as performance, load, and security testing.
- Excellent problem diagnosis skills
- Coaching and mentoring manual testers to build their automation skills
- Extensive experience in monitoring, alerting, and security of services in production
Nice to Have - at least one of the following:
- QA practices for distributed, scalable systems
- Automated test environment creation and teardown
- Usage of Microsoft Azure PaaS offerings and the Azure DevOps toolset
- Automated testing for mobile apps
- Progressive deployment and feature flags
- Chaos testing; Resiliency and failover testing in production
- IoT and real time data feeds
- Experience working in a software company or start up
- Software development background
- Excellent written English and asynchronous communication skills
- Collaborative approach to working with software engineering teams, manual QA testers, and product managers
- Clear, reasoned thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Disciplined approach to delivery and team practices
- Ability to explain the trade-offs and risks between various choices
- Engaging with non-technical people to reach an outcome
- Early and proactive problems identification, with a desire to resolve them before they grow larger
Nice to have
- Awareness of industry trends and a pragmatic approach to the adoption of new ideas and methods
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Techniques that aid connection with people across time zones and cultures
If you are eager to work in a fast paced, high growth tech start up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Together we can build a brighter future for the built world - A world of curated journeys and personalised experiences.
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com
- 1 Farrer Place, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000
- Brisbane CBD, QLD, 4000