Senior Data Engineer at Willow
Apply to Willow
Skills you have:
Nice to have:
If you are eager to work in a fast paced, high growth tech start up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.Apply to Willow
Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start up developing and evolving digital twin technology.
The WillowTwin™ is a ground-breaking software solution that deploys digital twins for the built world to collect, organise, and analyse data.
Recently Ranked in LinkedIn's "2020 Australian Top 10 Startups", you will be joining a team of high-performance individuals, backed by the most advanced integrating technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast paced, nurturing and collaborative.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Senior ML/Data Engineer roles at Willow are a key part of the new Data Science Team. We seek self-driven senior people with proven experience who will:
- Own the data infrastructure providing expert advice on best practice strategies for data acquisition, governance and lineage
- Drive the company wide roll out of the cloud data warehouse (CDW) solution
- Setup CI/CD pipelines to support the CDW
- Establish on-going monitoring for the CDW/ingestion as per best practice
- Interface with the CyberSec team to ensure consistent application of standard security policies
After the data engineering practice has been established, it is envisioned that these roles will transition away from a primarily data focus to a Machine Learning engineering focus in support of planned advanced analytics.
Skills you have:
- Degree in a quantitative field (statistics, computer science, data science, mathematics)
- At least 10 years commercial experience in data engineering and Big Data architectures
- Proven experience in data warehouse design and deployment at scale
- Advanced proficiency in python
- Cloud computing experience
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying cloud-based ETL/ELT solutions
- Experience with the Azure ecosystem
- Deep understanding of techniques and technology for handling high velocity time series input streams
- Strong technical and non-technical leadership with the ability to see project initiatives through to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud based data warehousing solutions such as Snowflake
- Experience in the IoT space
- A good understanding of the .NET framework and C#
- A working understanding of fundamental concepts in Machine Learning
- Experience interfacing with Data Scientists
- Understanding of Apache Spark based cluster computing
- Experience in designing and developing ML solutions
If you are eager to work in a fast paced, high growth tech start up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Together we can build a brighter future for the built world - A world of curated journeys and personalised experiences.
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com
- 1 Farrer Place, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000
- Brisbane CBD, QLD, 4000