Site Reliability Engineer at Airtasker
Sydney, NSW · Full Time · DevOpsApply to Airtasker
Airtasker is a fast-growing online and mobile marketplace for local services and temporary labour. We are revolutionising the way people and businesses get more done by connecting real time labour requirements with one of the world's most under utilised assets - people power. Airtasker has big ambitions and recently raised $33M worth of funding as we go international, with UK being the first country to plant our flag!
Airtasker Engineering is primed to embrace the direction of developer operations by establishing up a Site Reliability team. This team is tasked with shaping best practice through software tooling and system architecture across the availability, resilience and scalability concerns of the platform. While it currently has a single team member, Airtasker is excited to hire in someone with the capacity to lead more than this new team, but the engineering culture that surrounds it.
What you'll do
- Evangelising and supporting best practice for highly available and robust services and systems (this includes all phases of the SDLC from design to maintenance).
- Setting and managing SLOs in collaboration with feature teams for the services they own.
- Consulting on observability and monitoring of production systems including management of overall platform availability.
- Ensuring our software deployment and provisioning infrastructural resources (databases, compute units, routes) are defined and executed in a consistent way.
- Providing the appropriate governance around resources and environment access to allow engineers to own their own pipelines and software systems.
- Working closely with the Engineering Effectiveness tribe to build out the appropriate tooling and automation to deliver on the above.
- Building out robust processes for emergency response and incident management.
Great to have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, or Ruby.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimise code and automate routine tasks.
More jobs at Airtasker
- 17-19 Bridge Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000