Software Engineer (Expression of Interest) at Airtasker
Job DescriptionApply to Airtasker
Are you a serial coder? Like the approach of agnostic engineering? Love to knowledge share and work cross-functionally? Apply with an expression of interest to Airtasker and we can see if you're up to the task!
Airtasker is a fast-growing online and mobile marketplace for local services and temporary labour. We are revolutionising the way people and businesses get more done by connecting real time labour requirements with one of the world's most underutilised assets - people power.
Airtasker has big ambitions having raised $33M worth of funding to go international, with the UK being the first country to plant our flag! We are a highly capable and collaborative team with the ability to develop solutions for the most challenging of problems. We are building a talented team with opportunities to make a real impact in a hyper-growth and solutions-oriented environment. Airtasker provides the opportunity to learn from strong technologists, under the direction of an established VP of Engineering, within one of Australia’s fastest growing tech startups.
You will be responsible for
- Building new features for the platform, owning the development of your solutions and participating in code reviews
- Scoping future functionalities with the Product and UX teams
- Contributing to the engineering roadmap
- Managing multiple projects across the business simultaneously
- Share and learn best practises, latest technologies and programming languages
We are looking for
- Yoda-like expertise in your language of choice, but technology agnostic in approach with a serious passion to learn new and emerging tech
- Experience working with APIs to achieve scale
- Experience with working cloud software such as AWS services
- Working knowledge of software testing methods and quality assurance
- Effective collaborator with both non-technical and technical team members
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related IT discipline
On our wish list
- Experience with Isomorphic applications
- Experimentation and data-driven approach to solving problems
- Contribute to the open source community
- Interest in the startup and technology community
- 17-19 Bridge Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000