Lead (Staff) Engineer at Airwallex
Job DescriptionApply to Airwallex
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including Sequoia, DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
With offices currently in Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, London and San Francisco, we offer a truly global experience for all employees.
At Airwallex we focus on honing our product engineering craft in order to support the exponential growth of the business.
As a Lead Engineer, you will lead the selection and rollout of patterns and frameworks within your feature team. Our feature teams deliver business outcomes, not just product features, developing a number of REST services and integration components that provide capabilities to our React frontend via a backend microservices architecture.
This role will see you making contributions to technologies and libraries that we depend on while leading the refactoring of complex systems and components. Your deep technical expertise will be used to advise other engineers on code quality and patterns.
Who you are
- You are a leader– Who enjoys formally coaching other team members
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API’s – from designing to building REST APIs
- You are team player– fostering effective collaboration in multi-disciplinary squads across regions
- You are a thought leader - Attracting other senior hires to the company through your knowledge sharing
- You are a passionate problem solver – weighing up pros and cons of new tech solutions before implementing them with your team
Skills and experience you will bring
- 8+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Evidence of working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) Aliyun (Similar stack) with docker and Kubernetes
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More jobs at Airwallex
- 15 William Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000