Electronics Team Leader at Baraja
Lindfield, NSW · Full Time · Hardware EngineerApply to Baraja
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. We have traction with global auto manufacturers, a $US33M A Round from leading VC’s including Sequoia China, Blackbird and Main Sequence and growing rapidly. We are now searching for an Electronics Team Leader.
The Electronic Team Leader will be responsible for managing all aspects of the electronic development from concept to manufacture in a regulated automotive environment.
This is a greenfield opportunity to join an outstanding team that has built and deployed a world-class product in a very exciting vertical market of autonomous vehicles. Baraja is based out of Sydney, Australia and operates globally with offices in the US and China.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Leads the electronic team: Develops and Executes on plans, manage the team day-to-day, including performance reviews, task and issue management
- Responsible for the electronic architecture of the product including identifying and meeting automotive requirements and cost of goods requirements
- Responsible for electrical safety and functional safety for an automotive product – ASIL-B to -D rating, electrical safety standards including EMC/ESD
- Contribute to current production and forward R&D electronics development and architectures
- Improving the performance of the electronic team through activities such as contractor management, expertise insourcing, hiring, automation, quality, process improvements
- Initiative, Drive, timely delivery, collaboration and communications skills
What we need in this role:
- Tertiary qualifications in Electronics Engineering or similar discipline
- Product development experience in automotive product or highly regulated industry
- Team management and leadership
- Electronic Architecture Development and implementation
- Completion of ASIL or other safety critical project
- Work in a startup or other time critical project
- Working knowledge and experience in onboarding contract manufacturers
- Working / current skills in eCAD, architecture development, uC, FPGA, ARM
- Excellent initiative and communication skills.
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk!
- 36 Bradfield Road, Lindfield, NSW, 2070