Public Relations Manager, Publicist at Canva
Surry Hills, NSW · Full Time · MarketingApply to Canva
We’re looking for an experienced Publicist to support our PR & Communications strategy. If you enjoy media relations and can’t wait to get creative with your pitches in a supportive and innovative environment, this is your chance!
Canva’s entire vision revolves around “empowering the world to design”, but this can only happen if people hear about us!
As a Publicist at Canva, it’s your mission to create and execute media campaigns to ensure engagement with our target audience across a wide range of industries, such as teachers and students, small medium businesses, social media managers, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits. The successful candidate will have the drive and hustle to generate product coverage with an effective call to action. We also place a strong emphasis on the success of our users, and we’d love for our Publicist to be able to share their stories with the world.
You’ll love this job if
- You’re obsessed with getting coverage and product placement, you get that rush when you see your product mentioned in the press.
- You love finding inspirational and motivational stories, and as a result, are passionate about knowing who these people are, and genuinely care about sharing their story with the world.
- You embrace storytelling: identifying and pitching case studies.
- You want to create content that will reach millions of global users.
- You consider yourself a bit of a creative. You enjoy pushing the limits of what is possible, dreaming up inventive solutions to solve challenging problems. Coming up with new ideas and story angles excite you.
- You know how to switch up your tone depending on context – and you’re meticulous about brand voice.
- You stay on top of news trends and are aware of how people are using designs for their work or personal use.
- You believe in Canva’s mission and want to be part of the team making it possible.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there’s constantly new things to work on everyday, and as such it’s likely that you’ll be working on new and exciting projects pretty often.
What we look for
- You have 5+ years of PR agency experience ideally within the technology industry (agency or in-house)
- Ability to write and deliver high-quality content for multiple channels and mediums in a timely manner. News waits for no one!
- Demonstrate versatility of writing styles to appeal to various journalists and beats.
- Very collaborative and solution-focused approach when working with teams and groups.
- Able to work autonomously in execution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and well organised.
More jobs at Canva
- 110 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010