Technical Content Writer at Canva
Surry Hills, NSW · Full Time · ContentApply to Canva
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15+ million across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 billion designs.
Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the team
The User Voice Group is one of the biggest and high-impact groups in Manila whose main mission is to make Canva users happy. A key part of this mission is empowering everyone in the team with the tools they need to listen to our users to provide the best customer experience.
We are currently looking for a Technical Content Writer who will be the force behind our in-product help tool, who will work alongside different teams globally and across groups, and help create an elevated and efficient customer-centric content and responses. You will work closely with the Customer Happiness Team in Manila and ensure that all content across different User Voice and Customer Happiness processes are clear, helpful, and delivered in an accurate manner.
Please attach or send a link of your writing portfolio and updated CV.
As our Technical Content Writer, you will
- Use your writing skills and User Experience principles to craft copy that helps Canva users to design and solve any issues they experience when using Canva.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, support content writers and Customer Happiness Team (CHT) to ensure user needs are met by Canva Assistant and we accurately respond to user issues via Insights First Responses.
- Optimise and audit Canva Assistant and Insights messaging, and create new messaging in line with product changes.
- Use a clear tone for Canva Assistant and Insights First Response messaging that’s in line with the Canva voice.
- Work alongside engineers, PMs and designers who build the Assistant and User Insights tools in ensuring all updated features, messaging, and resolutions to user concerns are aligned and addressed accordingly.
- You’ll also be working with our wider Canva Content and Design School Teams, crafting our messaging for troubleshooting, FAQs, educational issues, new product launches and more.
- You’re a writer first and foremost: you love to write product copy that’s clear and human, you’re meticulous about punctuation and grammar, and you have a knack for tone of voice.
- You know how to share your vision and expertise with people from various backgrounds and disciplines, and you’re great at getting buy-in.
- You’re a strategic thinker and a problem solver.
- You take initiative and you’re comfortable giving constructive feedback and having difficult conversations .
- You’re not afraid to ask questions, speak up and dig-deeper until you’re confident you understand an issue well.
You'll love this role if
- You have 5+ years of experience writing for online experiences (software, digital agencies, journalism, etc).
- You are customer-centric and passionate about user experiences .
- You have incredible writing skills and an impressive technical writing portfolio.
- You strive for clarity in all of your messages, and you know how to make complex things simple.
- You’re a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects.
- You are a stickler for consistent brand voice and style.
- You enjoy investigating issues and taking initiative in finding solutions, even when the path is not always clear.
What you'll learn at Canva
- The growth mindset that has allowed Canva to reach 10 million monthly active users.
- How to analyse data in order to measure the impact of your content.
- How to experiment with different approaches, to see what is most effective. We pride ourselves on being agile and flexible.
- Digital marketing principles.
- The inner workings of Australia’s fastest growing startup.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
More jobs at Canva
- 110 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010