Web Developer at Fusion Sport
Sumner, QLD · Full Time · Frontend DeveloperApply to Fusion Sport
Fusion Sport is looking for an experienced WordPress Developer to join us full time as a critical addition to our marketing functional team. This role will work closely with the marketing team to develop our public facing websites.
Your experience in WordPress web development is key to this opportunity, since our main marketing website and education website currently use WordPress and the first major project as part of this role is a website redevelopment.
The successful candidate will work effectively as a member of a team, enjoy autonomy and diversity at Fusion, and will get to be a part of a rapidly growing and exciting organisation. If you’re an experienced WordPress developer who enjoys working directly with an in-house marketing team to solve website conversion challenges this role is for you.
This is an ideal role for a dynamic web developer with prior experience in website redevelopment.
- Develop web solutions in conjunction with the Marketing and commercial team that are scalable, responsive, cross-device compatible
- Implement and advocate the usage of web standards, SEO principles and cross-browser compatibility
- Implement new front-end tools, components or other initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Experience with WordPress multisite functionality and maintenance
- Experience in a previous web design role or suitable design & development qualifications
- Proven ability to layup visual design concepts into working WordPress templates
- Advanced level of HTML, PHP & CSS coding and web standards compliance
- Cross-browser compatibility experience for all major web browsers (e.g. IE , Edge Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Experience implementing websites from the ground up and upgrading of a WordPress installation
- Demonstrated ability to install WordPress and other out-of-the-box CMS’
- Significant level of SEO expertise to help guide website structure decisions. Subdomains, subdirectories, unique domains.
- Experience with canonical URLs.
- Knowledge and thirst to seek out the current design trends and techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of tracking and growth technologies – a/b testing tools, google analytics, mixpanel etc
- Experience with e-Commerce website design & development (experience with Shopify Template Language and stripe payment gateway would be a key advantage)
- Experience implementing websites with motion graphics and webGL.
- Experience in WordPress to static site processes would be a big advantage.
- To apply for this role, please submit a concise cover letter & your most up to date resume for consideration on this job portal
- A national police check will be required to be completed for this role
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia
- If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org
A note from the Fusion Sport HR Team to recruitment firms: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our HR team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Fusion Sport will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Fusion Sport
- 76 Neon Street, Sumner, QLD, 4074