Business Development Representative, Outbound at Intercom
Surry Hills, NSW · Full Time · Business DevelopmentApply to Intercom
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom, we want to break the norms and define ‘a new outbound’.
You’ll have the opportunity to craft a brand new sales motion for a fast growing, product driven SaaS business. We’re just getting started - and we see outbound as a key component of our longer term growth.
As an Outbound Business Development Representative at Intercom, you're someone that thrives in competitive customer facing situations. You draw energy from seeking out and selling into new prospects, and you have a keen aptitude for best in class qualification and discovery - helping to deliver mutual success to both your business and your clients.
We’re looking for those that excel in a fast paced and autonomous environment.
You’ll be a principal contributor to the Intercom APAC outbound strategy, helping to build the content, tool set and processes that’ll secure your team a strong and reliable pipeline.
If you’re driven, persistent, have a passion for delivering value to your customers, want to build your own path in rapidly growing tech company, and refuse to shy away from a challenge - we want to talk to you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Generating and nurturing your own book of relevant/high-potential prospects
- Working in close partnership with Intercom’s Mid Market/Enterprise Account Executives
- Creating and taking to market your own outbound campaigns. Spanning email, events, calls, video, referrals etc
- Qualifying and presenting to prospects in order to assess mutual fit and build a relevant sales pipeline for Account Executives
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Building an outbound playbook in partnership with our Demand-Generation, Account Executive and Content teams
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 📖
- 1+ years of sales experience (technology/SaaS experience is a +), with a record of strong performance
- Previous outbound sales experience ideal - with a track record of success
- Strong analytical, influencing, and communication skills, with the ability to consult upon the complex business needs of your prospects
- Experience in developing and/or influencing an outbound sales strategy
- Keen interest in technology and a best in class SaaS sales practise
- Highly driven and familiar in working in a fast paced and scrappy environment
- Highly motivated and self-driven
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
If you have experience working in a larger corporate environment in the technology industry and you’re looking to make a move to a smaller yet fast-growing company, then we’d like to hear from you!
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up.
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen.
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it.
- Healthcare stipend towards private health insurance for you and your partner/spouse.
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
- 285A Crown Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010