Data Engineer at Koala
Alexandria, NSW · Full Time · Data ScientistApply to Koala
Koala is a successful and well known Australian business – thanks largely to our brand and the awesome in-house creative team behind it!
Throughout 2020 we’re launching 10 new products, all designed in-house. We have aspirations of becoming a global lifestyle furniture brand with our Japanese business already launched, and we'll expand further internationally over the coming years.
Our mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, incredible customer service and social good, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
This is a brand new role at Koala, responsible for building, improving and maintaining the infrastructure that supports the reporting, tracking and analysis that gets done across our business.
We're interested in people who have some familiarity with these tools, and are passionate about pushing the envelope of what's possible. We are constantly trying to improve our capabilities and build new tools that drive our internal decision making.
Day to day you will be responsible for improving our data infrastructure and working with our team to roll out functionality for internal users such as Marketing or Supply Chain. Reporting to the Head of Data and Analytics, and supporting a team of analysts, this role will require both technical understanding and the ability to communicate with users across the organisation.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Improving and developing our data analysis tools and capabilities in conjunction with the data team and analysts
- Developing and implementing new Marketing Technology and Tracking solutions with the Data and Digital teams
- Building, Maintaining and Fixing Data Pipelines and our ETL Layer
- Monitoring and improving data integrity
- Improving and maintaining our Business Intelligence and Reporting Platform
- Experience with Marketing Analytics and Tracking tools such as GA, Adobe, Segment, Ad Pixels, etc.
- Experience working with SQL across a variety of databases
- Some Experience working with data warehouses, including ETL and Data Pipeline tools
- Exposure to Data Science concepts and tools
- Experience with BI Tools and Data Visualisation such as Tableau, PowerBI or Looker
- Ability to work in an agile software development framework, delivering to tight deadlines
- Experience with Python and/or NodeJS
- Undergraduate degree in a related field is desirable
Capabilities we look for…
- The customer is at the heart of decisions
- Acts with honesty, integrity and ethics in everything they do
- Brings good vibes to the people around them
- Relentless focus on the end game
- Delivers with entrepreneurial mindset
- Naturally curious
- Thinks forward, reflects back
- Ambitious but never arrogant
- Lives the values of Koala
- Rides through change like a boss
- Creates success proactively
Send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you feel you'd be a great fit for the role.
- 37-41 O'Riordan Street, Alexandria, NSW, 2015