Embedded Software Engineer at Morse Micro
Job DescriptionApply to Morse Micro
Are you an aspiring engineer that wants to learn all about Embedded development within a semiconductor startup? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices?
Then join Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will join a firmware team implementing the IEEE 802.11ah standard on Morse Micro’s state-of-the-art RISC-V multi-core chip architecture, working closely with Analog, Systems and Digital IC Design Engineers to build and maintain an elegant embedded software architecture. Your main focus will be the firmware on our chips, but there will be necessary involvement in writing Python scripts, device drivers, core DSP loops, interrupt handlers, and other related areas.
- Implementing, Testing and Debugging our Firmware, involving all layers of the IoT stack.
- Device driver support for Linux and other RTOS
- Various Optimisations for Performance, Footprint and Power consumption
- Writing elegant Python scripts to facilitate testing and other tasks
- Providing an overall technical expertise and brilliance.
- Growing and making other team members grow as well.
Essential skills (you must have)
- BSc in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering or Computer Science
- Good understanding of the C Language and its usage in Embedded, Resource constrained systems.
- The desire to write good code that solves real world problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
Desired skills (key skills that you should have 70% of)
- Strong foundation in the theoretical concepts of Operating Systems design.
- Good understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Basic understanding of Electronic Circuit theory.
- Knowledge of Python for tools and scripts.
- Know how of software version control and issue tracking systems.
- Experience in working on GNU/Linux, GCC and Make development environment
Bonus skills (if you have those you can stand out among the crowd, don’t sweat it if you don’t)
- Experience with IoT/Networking applications, including the usage of wireshark for testing and debugging.
- Experience with various hardware interfacing buses, like SDIO, SPI and I2C
- Experience in using static analysis and automated testing tools.
- Familiar with Linux kernel development and Linux applications for embedded devices .
- Familiarity with software defined radio (SDR) such as GNURadio
- Familiarity with digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog or IC design flows from Cadence or Synopsys
- Familiarity with Matlab
Who we are
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. Today we are a team of thirty-five based in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Hangzhou (China) and Boston & Irvine (USA).
What we offer
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, including barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's Next Embedded Software Developer.
More jobs at Morse Micro
About Morse Micro
- 63 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010
- Picton, NSW, 2571