Head of Strategic Planning at Nearmap
Barangaroo, NSW · Full Time · GrowthApply to Nearmap
Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals and we are currently on the hunt for a Head of Strategic Planning.
The Head of Strategic Planning is responsible for the development of Nearmap’s mid and long-term new initiatives with a view to creating shareholder value. As Nearmap is expanding both its product set and its geographic reach, planning is required before each major new initiative to understand the value, risks and impact on Nearmap of that initiative. Also, this role will assist in developing, communicating and understanding the relative importance of each major initiative to help guide and sustain Nearmap’s overall strategic direction.
Working with the Executive Team, the Head of Strategic Planning will assess the range of opportunities for Nearmap’s growth, assist the executive team in deciding which of these are key objectives, and build the strategic plan for those key objectives. The person will also ensure that the strategic plans are handed over to operational roles, and where required assist in the launch of new initiatives.
A bit more about the culture
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this
- Leads the development of Nearmap’s mid and long-term growth initiatives in accordance with its strategy.
- Establishes credibility through the organization and with the Executive Team as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Assesses commercial, financial, competitive, strategic and risk aspects of new business initiatives. Will prepare business plan for the initiatives as well as understand how the plan will be implemented within Nearmap.
- Ensure the Nearmap Core Values are used as the basis of all decision making
- Understand the broader remote sensing market, business customer needs and other players including products in the market.
- Assess industry and technology changes that could impact Nearmap’s growth plans. Also, evaluate potential actions Nearmap should take based on those changes.
- Identify areas where Nearmap can enhance its growth trajectory through campaigns, partnerships and/or M&A.
- Assesses industry risks and ensures that these risks are being anticipated, monitored and managed.
- Use data (internal and external) to build the financial and strategic business case for new initiatives.
- Work with the executive team, across Nearmap, to understand the impact of new initiatives to achieve the required buy-in, or where appropriate reject the plan.
- When necessary, be able to present those plans for board approval.
- Where required, some plans will be followed through to operational implementation to ensure their success and to learn any implementation issues.
- Ensure Nearmap’s systems, processes, people and data are able to support the new initiative.
- Take ownership to ensure the success of new plans.
More about what you need to bring
- Strong track record in successful technology start-ups, SaaS business or similar
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Experience in formulating, developing and implementing new strategies
- Ideally, knowledge of the remote sensing / earth observation industry
- Financial Modelling
- Strategic thinking
- Business Acumen
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Results Driven
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Collaboration Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, MBA or other post graduate qualifications an advantage
Some of our perks include
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
- 100 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo, NSW, 2000