Product Designer at Spaceship
Sydney, NSW · Full Time · UI/UX DesignerApply to Spaceship
At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to help people invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started with Super in 2017 and last year we launched Voyager – an investment app designed to make investing simple, accessible and affordable.
We reject the idea that financial freedom is only for those who speak the complicated, jargon-filled language of finance. We take the time to explain ideas, demystify new technologies and clarify why we make the decisions we make.
Since launch, we have grown to over 50,000 financial members and nearly $300 million funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
Spaceship is a design-centric startup that cares deeply about its customers and how they use our products. You will be a core member of the Spaceship design team focused on building and improving the products from concept right through to release. You will be responsible for designing products that thousands of people use every day.
You will contribute to all aspects of product design and execution including user research, designing the product (visual design, interaction design, prototyping) and working with the development team to ensure it is implemented correctly. As Spaceship is still a young company, you will have significant impact on the future of the products and the business.
What are we looking for?
We are particularly interested in a hybrid UX/UI designer who has built and scaled apps in other high-growth businesses. Specifically:
- At least 3+ years experience as a product, or UX/UI designer
- An online portfolio demonstrating excellent product design work and your process
- Ability to create high-quality visual designs, wireframes, clickable prototypes, user flows, sketches and research pieces
- Successful delivery of end-to-end product design (UX/UI) for desktop and mobile from ideation to release
- Solid experience with design and prototyping tools including Sketch, InVision and Principle (some working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects is a bonus)
- Previous experience conducting user research and testing activities
- An eye for interactions, layouts, colour, and typography
- Ability to think creatively and come up with innovative ideas
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to organise your work to meet deadlines
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance
- Standing workstations
- Kitchen stocked with food and drink
Who are we?
Young people simply aren’t engaged in investing – price, accessibility and complexity are all barriers and few industry incumbents are innovating or educating.
We are ~30 people aligned in purpose trying to change this.
Culturally, we value curiosity, taking ownership, self-awareness and humility. So if you think the same way and want to have a real impact in a growing business, this is the place for you.
Located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, Spaceship is backed by some of the most renowned investors in the world including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Sequoia Capital and New Enterprise Associates.
- 77 King Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000