Compliance Analyst at Square
Melbourne, VIC · Full Time · LegalApply to Square
Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We’re a fast-moving global fintech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to simplify and streamline every business process, from accepting card payments and online invoicing to inventory management, real-time analytics, employee management and powerful data reporting. Now supporting millions of businesses worldwide, Square is recognised as a leader in financial technology, currently rated third in Fast Company’s 2018 edition of the World’s Most Innovative Companies. As we continue to expand globally, we are looking to drive that innovation further by scaling our smart, dedicated and passionate workforce in new markets. Square was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices now operating across the United States, Canada, Japan, the UK and Australia.
The Compliance Analyst role will perform the day-to-day operational tasks associated with regulatory, payment network, and partnership requirements. The team actively engages in monitoring for anti-money laundering activity along with enforcing Squares Terms of Service. Other areas of responsibility include sanction reviews, regulatory reporting, liaison with law enforcement agencies and interactions with government regulators, corporate partners, and the credit card payment networks. The analyst is also expected to provide subject matter expertise and industry knowledge to help identity gaps in controls.
- Monitor and act upon compliance-related alerts
- Investigate and report suspicious matters in accordance to regulatory requirements
- Verify merchant information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Square's Know Your Customer (KYC) policy
- Interact with Square customers to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Success, Risk, and other operations teams within Square
- Develop compliance guidelines to keep other teams aware of requirements
- Help evaluate new and existing processes, flagging areas where process improvements will be most beneficial and prudent
- Assist with any other Compliance related matters or projects as identified and assigned by the Compliance Officer.
- Assist with training on employees of compliance policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years experiences with AML/CTF compliance, preferably in payments
- Sound understanding of AML/CTF laws and regulations. Knowledge of AFSL compliance is a plus
- A strong operations mindset involving time sensitive directives and ability to self-manage workflow across competing priorities
- Highly flexible and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and change directions based on business demands and able to prioritise a diverse workload with multiple deadlines
- Great problem solving skills, and the ability to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically
- An ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for Square, and a strong interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
Work environment and benefits
- Accountability and flexibility across a small and fast paced team
- Subsidised gym membership
- Daily meal allowance
- Progressive startup office environment
- Healthcare benefits provided
- Competitive salary with significant career growth opportunities
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
More jobs at Square
- 246 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000