Senior Product Manager at Culture Amp
Job DescriptionApply to Culture Amp
What do Airbnb, Slack and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better, along with over 2,500 other companies from around the globe, making up a community who stand together to improve the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organisation that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people & culture platform.
The opportunity at Culture Amp
Culture Amp is a rapidly growing company working in an industry that has been disrupted by technology relatively recently. Our market-leading, category-defining Engagement product has been the engine of our success but still has huge growth and maturation ahead of it.
We are looking for a Product Manager to work within our cross-functional Engagement Camp, helping us to find the most valuable product development opportunities to pursue, in line with our Camp’s goals.
In the early part of your time here, you will focus on deeply learning our product and helping us find smart ways to improve existing features, but we expect you to progress quickly to finding entirely new paths to value. By the end of your first quarter here, you will have researched and written a product brief for a new project, with input from customers, engineers, designers and people across Culture Amp, and will be well on the way to making a genuine impact. By the end of your first year, we’ll want to give you a key business goal to own, and trust you to deliver on it.
What you bring to our camp
Product Managers at Culture Amp are curious, autonomous and analytical. They are expected to work across our business to understand our customers’ needs and hunt out the most compelling opportunities to improve and differentiate our product in the market.
Even if you’re not totally confident doing all these things yet, you should feel excited about:
- Writing, drawing and talking well enough to get a point across, with empathy for the needs of your particular audience, whether it’s your team, the Product Management practice, our customers, the product group or the company at large.
- Interpreting qualitative and quantitative data, and forming, validating and disproving hypotheses
- Evaluating ideas, proposals and solutions critically. Making the ideas of others stronger with your input.
- Developing strong relationships with our customers, and building great relationships with people across our business.
- Making confident, fast decisions with imperfect information
- Prioritising with specific, concrete goals in mind. (Saying 'no'. Saying 'yes'.)
- Defining your own concrete, measurable goals in the absence of given goals
- Breaking big goals down into small, solvable pieces, and being able to reliably select and deliver the pieces that have disproportionately high value
- Researching and understanding the markets in which our product operates
- Doing Linear Algebra and Calculus (j/k or am I)
We have a very strong bias for candidates who can do many or most of these things well already, and are very happy to coach you in your development of the rest, except Linear Algebra, which I personally know absolutely nothing about.
We expect that most of our candidates will have experience in some flavour of Agile software development environment, but we do not want or expect PMs to spend large amounts of their time in Jira. Above all, we want to hire PMs who we believe will help Culture Amp grow, and help our customers achieve their goals.
What we offer
You’ll be supported as you develop in your role and have access to great benefits such as our ‘Coaching for Everyone’ and ‘Learn Yourself Up’ programs. You’ll also receive a competitive package plus generous stock options, flexible working and other benefits.
A few highlights from Culture Amp
More jobs at Culture Amp
About Culture Amp
- 29 Stewart Street, Richmond, VIC, 3121