VP of People Science at Culture Amp
Job DescriptionApply to Culture Amp
What do Airbnb, Kind and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better, along with over 2,500 other companies from around the globe, making up a community who stand together to improve the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organisation that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people & culture platform.
The VP of People Science is an extremely rare opportunity to take a leadership role in the company at the forefront of applying modern psychology to create a better world of work. From Culture Amp’s very first hire (our Chief Scientist Dr. Jason McPherson) People Science has been at the core of everything we do. This role is an opportunity to take that commitment to the next level.
The VP of People Science (PS) will lead a global team of People Scientists, across 3 countries and 5 different fields of Psychology, who are thought leaders in the HR, engagement and performance space. This interdisciplinary team assists customers with survey question design, analysing survey results, designing a science-backed approach to collecting performance management data, and establishing feedback strategies for our customers at the organisation, group, and individual level.
Their greatest skill is being able to understand our client’s perspectives and context and provide actionable guidance around employee feedback and leadership communication strategies. A small and growing group of people scientists also work directly in our product group to ensure our platform is built with a people science perspective from the ground up. They love people and their passion lies in diving into data to uncover stories and provide insights, as well as imparting knowledge to up-skill customers.
They are hungry and energetic, working with a close-knit customer team that takes users all the way from leads to champions. We believe in leveraging what makes people scientists unique in this market, expertise in understanding and predicting behaviour at all organisational levels, to amplify our equally talented sales and customer success teams.
- You will primarily spend your time internally, leading and expanding the team, with only about 10% externally with clients
- Manage PS leaders in London, New York City, San Francisco and Melbourne. Lead and significantly grow a team of more than 20 diverse PS professionals
- Set strategic vision for how PS is best leveraged and optimised for Culture Amp’s success across Customer/Sales, Product/R&D and People/HR teams
- Provide the overarching vision for aligning our stances on behavioural science and product design in collaboration with Product building teams ("this is how we make users better people geeks and people geeks better users")
- Partner with Marketing to define areas for Culture Amp to lead the PS conversation
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success leaders to position staff as credible representatives of our scientific approach
- Active participant in strategic prospect and client relations
- Develop strategy and pricing for supplementary advising and analytics services
- Apply behavioural science / research to improve the design / implementation of the Culture Amp platform
What you (ideally) bring to the team
- PhD in Organisational Psychology, Behavioural Science, or a related field. Or Master’s along with exceptional and relevant research experience as well as publication history
- Significant experience consulting to organisations and being a global leader within an organisation. Enterprise-level client experience preferred
- Applied experience designing, implementing and analysing surveys throughout the employee lifecycle (candidate, on-boarding, engagement, inclusion, exit) and/or 360-type feedback processes
- Applied experience designing and/or implementing performance management solutions
- Very comfortable with data; foundational knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages
- Experience leading globally distributed, strong, sophisticated leaders
A few highlights from Culture Amp
More jobs at Culture Amp
About Culture Amp
- 29 Stewart Street, Richmond, VIC, 3121