Software Engineer at Curious Thing
Apply to Curious Thing
Reach out with your resume and cover letter if you believe that you are a right fit.Apply to Curious Thing
Curious Thing is a voice-based conversational AI startup for high volume hiring solution. Powered by Knowledge Graph and Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies, Curious Thing empowers HR teams with 10x efficiency in shortlisting, gives all candidates a fair opportunity to shine, and significantly reduces human biases from traditional CV-centric approach. We have launched with a number of companies in Australia such as CSIRO.
As a very experienced and highly effective team, we’re building a great company with three simple philosophies
- A simple business model with truly scalable product offerings
- A strong, unified business and technology vision with disciplined execution
- A small and highly aligned team to conquer the unknowns together
About this role
We are looking for a part-time (minimum 3 days) software engineer intern to join our team. Final year university students are welcome to apply. You will work alongside a high profile technology team, gain good exposure to all aspects of our product and play a key role in supporting the product and the team. You will be working closely and collaboratively with our engineering team on both Frontend and backend tasks.
Subject to the performance and business needs, this role will transit to a full-time permanent position.
We are located in Sydney CBD with easy access to public transportation.
- You are a fast learner who is aspired to become a full-stack software engineer;
- You have demonstrated experience in Node.js and/or Python;
- You have basic understandings of modern SDLC and CI/CD pipelines;
- You have excellent communication (oral and written) skills;
- You have strong work ethics and take immense ownership of your work;
- You must have unconstrained working right in Australia
- You have basic understandings of Microservices and Serverless software architecture and Containerisation technologies. Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a major plus;
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms including Google Cloud and AWS is a major plus;
Reach out with your resume and cover letter if you believe that you are a right fit.
About Curious Thing
- 11 York Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000