Principal Product Manager at Deputy
Want to make a genuine impact in a hyper-growth, product led SaaS company? Want to influence how processes are established, in an agile and supportive environment as we scale internationally?
With over 90,000 businesses now on the Deputy platform, our team has done exceptionally well in scaling the business and building out product functionality. We've only scratched the surface in terms of what we can do for the global economy. Want to learn more? Apply today!
Mission: "The why"
Deputy is a product-led organisation with an amazing growth track record. Now poised for our next phase of growth, we are hiring a critical new Product leader who will be visible across the whole business and be able to make a significant impact on the success of Deputy.
Businesses worldwide use Deputy to optimise their workforces - ensuring just the right number of people are working based on the forecasted demand drivers of the business. This role leads the Workforce Optimisation team to help businesses deliver profitable, predictable schedules to their staff, using techniques such as data forecasting, multivariate constraint optimisation, machine learning and AI.
Responsibilities: "The what"
- You will have true end-to-end ownership of the Workforce Optimisation product, which helps medium to larger businesses ensure just the right number of staff are scheduled to serve the forecasted demands of the customer’s business
- The Product Manager is the CEO of their product and is responsible for the strategy, roadmap and feature definition, and for engaging and communicating with the organisation and customers about the product, product roadmap and vision
- Balance customer (UX), engineering (tech) and commercial requirements at time competing priorities
- Be the central point where all the insights (sales, customer, tech) come together and are translated into a product strategy and feature roadmap
- Lead a strong dedicated development squad to achieve success at new levels
Competencies: "The how"
- Minimum of 8 years of Product Management experience
- Background in computer science, engineering, data science, or some working experience in previously writing software. While you won’t be writing software, this is a technical-leaning role
- Smart and deeply analytical mind - able to understand how to make other people’s businesses better and more profitable
- Strong commercial experience in Product Management or relevant product experience
- Customer first mindset - constantly battling for how can we make the customer successful?
- Be curious, a great listener and communicator
- Strong understanding of technology - its limitations and its efforts
- SaaS experience preferred but not required
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Winner of Westpac Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018
- No. 5 on Forbes Cloud 100 for 2018: Rising stars
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA
- Stock Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Flexible Work Environment
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics reported over 80 million hourly workers comprising over 60% of the US workforce in 2017. Global estimates are that hourly workers are 80 – 90% of the workforce. Yet while hourly workers comprise such large majorities of the global workforce, there is a stark lack of software tools available today that directly address their needs
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now
- 1-3 Smail Street, Ultimo, NSW, 2007