Senior Product Manager at Deputy
Want to make a genuine impact in a hyper-growth, product led SaaS company? Want to influence how processes are established, in an agile and supportive environment as we scale internationally?
With over 90,000 businesses now on the Deputy platform, our team has done exceptionally well in scaling the business and building out product functionality. We've only scratched the surface in terms of what we can do for the global economy. Want to learn more? Apply today!
Mission: "The Why"
Deputy is a product-led organisation with an amazing growth track record. Now poised for our next phase of growth, we are hiring a critical new Product Manager who will be visible across the whole business and be able to make a significant impact on the success of Deputy.
The Deputy staff experience is a paradigm change for Deputy from predominantly B2B product to a B2C product. The aim of the staff experience is to provide a the best app for managing your shift life, so the experience needs to be engaging, joyful and simple to use.
With strong global ambitions and an excellent track record of growth to date, we are ready to take our mobile app to new levels. We have the potential and ambition to capture the market, based on a proven product with happy and engaged customers
Responsibilities: "The What"
- You will have true end-to-end ownership of the product
- The Product Manager is the CEO of their product and is responsible for the strategy, roadmap and feature definition, and for engaging and communicating with the organisation and customers about the product, product roadmap and vision
- Balance customer (UX), engineering (tech) and commercial requirements at time competing priorities
- Be the central point where all the insights (sales, customer, tech) come together and are translated into a product strategy and feature roadmap
- Lead a strong dedicated development squad to achieve success at new levels
Competencies: "The How"
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience
- Good commercial experience in Product Management or relevant product experience
- Well-rounded background across UX or Tech
- Care and passion for their product, customer and the business
- Smart and an analytical mind - be able to create meaningful insights from user data
- Be curious, a great listener and communicator
- Strong understanding of technology - its limitations and its efforts
- SaaS experience preferred but not required
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Winner of Westpac Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018
- No. 5 on Forbes Cloud 100 for 2018: Rising stars
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics reported over 80 million hourly workers comprising over 60% of the US workforce in 2017. Global estimates are that hourly workers are 80 – 90% of the workforce. Yet while hourly workers comprise such large majorities of the global workforce, there is a stark lack of software tools available today that directly address their needs
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
- 1-3 Smail Street, Ultimo, NSW, 2007