Manager, Strategic Finance at DoorDash
Job DescriptionApply to DoorDash
DoorDash is building a world-class team that will drive the financial and operating strategy of the company. As a leader on the Strategic Finance team, you will use your financial expertise, analytical horsepower, and operating mindset to set performance targets, track and improve on results, and iterate on the business strategy day in and day out.
This is a complicated, fast moving business. There are a thousand moving pieces, all of which have different potential explanations. The Strategic Finance team is the financial forecasting and reporting foundation of our business across all business lines of the P&L. Through this lens we push the business forward through strategic planning, high impact business case sizing, go to market strategic thinking, and rigorous reporting frameworks. We are the primary finance complement to the operating teams and together we are taking DoorDash to the next level.
About the role
You will be the primary finance point of contact and business partner for the General Manager of DoorDash Australia, working directly with the operating teams on the holistic business (financial, analytical, and operational). You will drive and iterate on the entire DoorDash P&L across total revenue, COGS, S&M, OPEX, and every operational input that drives them.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Set aggressive financial and operational targets
- Extract insights from financial models to enhance our understanding of the business and to achieve current and future targets
- Provide foundational support to the fast growing business in Australia
- Partner with the General Managers of DoorDash Australia as well as the Global Strategic Finance team to develop the future financial strategy for DoorDash overseas
We’re excited about you because
- You possess 4 or more years experience in business strategy, analytics, business operations, monetisation, growth strategy, consulting, investment banking, or other analytically-intensive roles
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills.
- An ability to build robust financial models used throughout the company and the ability to build business cases to pursue new initiatives
- Operating & Ownership Mentality
- Previous leadership experience
- Basic SQL proficiency or willingness to learn
Why you’ll love working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.
More jobs at DoorDash
- Sydney, NSW, 2000
- 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, VIC, 3004