Operations Associate, Australia at DoorDash
Apply to DoorDash
Apply to DoorDash
DoorDash is looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate to help grow and manage the business.
About the team
Strategy & Operations Associates are the heart and soul of DoorDash. As the people responsible for the development and growth of our business, Associates are critical to the success of DoorDash. In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Associates may complete a variety of tasks such as devising and executing experiments to drive company growth, diving into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, building reports, models, and tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x, and working side-by-side with our Engineering / Product teams to develop our future product.
About the role
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to help build our Australian business from scratch. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are excited about joining a thriving start-up company and building something great from the ground up. You’ll be part of building the business in Australia.
Our best Strategy & Operations Associates are self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They are generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Engage – implement initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation (i.e. make sure we have Dashers on the road, where we need them, when we need them).
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyse – Build models to evaluate the costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams to improve the experience and achieve the market goals
We’re excited about you because you are
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Accountable - You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- 1-2 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience
- Track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- High-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL is a big plus
Why you'll love working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team, It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in the role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favourite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their business by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency. Providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DooDash blog or at www.doordash.com
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.
- 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, VIC, 3004
- Sydney, NSW, 2000