Strategy & Operations Senior Manager, Australia at DoorDash
Apply to DoorDash
Apply to DoorDash
Strategy & Operations Senior Managers oversee the strategic development and growth of our business. You will establish our business in Australia. In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Senior Managers may lead a new initiative, refine experiments to improve company growth, dive into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, build frameworks that allow teams to grow their work 10x, and work side-by-side with cross-functional partners to develop our future product.
Our best Strategy & Operations Senior Managers are self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They are nimble individuals who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful.
Why you're excited about this role
You'll report to the General Manager of Australia. You will implement scalable programs and best practices to guarantee a world-class operation. Your will have a focus on strategy to improve and work on unique strategies across our three-sided marketplace. Using data-driven decision-making you will run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform. You will lead with influence and work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. teams to guide strategic projects and harness opportunities. Lastly you will be a leader who will bring teams together, moving in the same direction, accomplishing one goal.
Why we are excited about you
- We are excited about you because you are a relationship-builder. You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities. You are skilled at building cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organisations. You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment. You're a problem solver who can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans. You are accountable and you want to oversee the outcome and help improve our most essential growth and profitability metrics. You are entrepreneurial in nature and you crave responsibility. You are looking for a role where you can shape the vision and direction of the company. Lastly you are excited to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- 6+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Experience leading and motivating teams by setting and achieving goals
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) a must; SQL skills are a plus
Why you’ll love working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.
- 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, VIC, 3004
- Sydney, NSW, 2000