Platform Account Executive at Dropbox
Apply to Dropbox
Apply to Dropbox
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Sales & Channel team shares Dropbox Business with enterprises around the world and helps them understand the power Dropbox offers to teams at scale. We’re a collaborative and empathetic sales team, focused on understanding what businesses need to work better together.
As a founding, in-region member of of the Global Platform Sales organization, the Platform Account Executive is responsible for accelerating sales of new products and solutions across both prospects and existing customers. The rep will support a team global new product ARR number. Incentives will be fully aligned with the direct sales team, to maximize collaboration.
- Grow revenue coming from new Dropbox products and SKUs regionally
- Partner closely with regional VPs, contributing specifically to pipeline efforts and forecast meetings while being a customer facing product expert to help close revenue
- Work directly with Customer Success leads to develop an incentive based plan to cross-sell the base
- Define a regional playbook and focused strategy to ensure ARR growth by region/globally
- Be a trusted advisor to regional directors and VPs
- Partner with senior Customer Success and sales leads to develop complementary incentive ideas to ensure pipeline grows steadily from the base and net new prospects
This is a senior IC role with significant leadership expectations.
- 7+ years sales or solutions experience in a fast growing technology environment
- Solution seller comfortable positioning an evangelical value proposition
- Deep understanding of the Dropbox customer (why they buy, why they stay, what their challenges are in the product)
- Willingness to take extreme ownership over a regional/global sales number
- Flexibility and patience in building a process to execute on the above despite not having complete control over all input/activities
- Strong sales skills with deep technical acumen
- Trusted advisor who can jump into a later stage deal, customer facing, to deepen the customer’s trust (and not distract the account team or customer)
- Trusted advisor who can support the Customer Success org in generating more cross-sell/upsell leads
- Proven communication skills across multiple stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills to develop trusted relationships with outbound Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and sales leads to affect pipeline building activities and close rates
- Regional and global mindset
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
- 5 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000