APAC Business Development Manager at EdApp
Apply to EdApp
Your key responsibilities will be to
Applicants must have appropriate working rights in Australia.Apply to EdApp
This role is a very exciting greenfield role ultimately responsible for growing our presence in the APAC region. We are after someone to help continue the growth and market presence of our innovative microlearning platform. You’ll have full autonomy to identify, nurture and close opportunities with new logos and partners, driving the full sales cycle from the first contact through to contract negotiation and managing and growing a small sales team.
EdApp, is a new mobile-first learning platform designed for today’s employees. Our integrated authoring tool and learning application help our clients produce and deploy micro lessons in rapid time. We are customer obsessed and our customers love us. EdApp is being rapidly adopted across the globe where we are partnering with heads of L&D, and senior divisional heads to help them deliver more engaging and effective micro-learning - throughout US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
With offices in New York, LA, London, and Sydney, we are in the exciting stages of scaling and establishing ourselves as the go-to platform for learning worldwide. Our Sydney office is located in the CBD. Our company has a young and progressive culture - check out our Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/thisisedapp
Role scope & responsibilities
In this role, you will focus on large enterprise across all of APAC and any industry, but also help determine our go to market strategy as we continue to grow and bring on mid-market level customers. You’ll work collaboratively with an business development representative and an SDR to identify opportunities, drive seamless implementation, and ensure long-term client satisfaction.
Your criteria for success will include the growth of EdApp’s revenue with new business in APAC, the establishment of strong customer relationships and partnerships, high levels of customer satisfaction and cross border opportunity identification. This role has huge potential for career progression.
Your key responsibilities will be to
- Achieve and exceed sales quota through identification, qualification, and closure of new business
- Maintain sales activity records, internal records, and update systems accordingly
- Work with our marketing team to plan and execute marketing activities, and represent EdApp at outside events (i.e. trade shows, conferences, association meetings)
- Propose solutions based on customer requirements, market intel and deliver solid business cases, including ROI and TCO analyses
- Conduct competitor analysis and be constantly abreast market trends and changing market conditions
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop outbound strategies to generate quality lead pipeline and close deals
- Contribute to a collaborative, professional team culture
You will be successful in this role if you
- Have a background in the Learning & Development Industry
- Have a proven track record of sales and new business development and have a customer first mindset
- Are comfortable navigating uncharted territory
- Have strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen - managing budgets, forecasting, developing sales targets
- Have the ability and aptitude to manage and lead a team, including coaching
- Can work with remote teams - across Europe and North America
- Have demonstrated creativity and practical problem-solving skills
Other desirables traits
- You are passionate about emerging technologies and education
- You are technically inclined and eager to roll up your sleeves to get into the product in order to better understand it
- You care about being on a winning team
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company valued at 30 million, getting in early with stock options to experience an incredible journey of growth!
- Prospecting senior stakeholders at large multinational companies across a wide range of industries
- Have the chance to work on solving complex problems for customers that impact learners and users worldwide
- Learning is a key priority for us, and you'll be supported in your personal journey and professional development
- An employee equity option plan so you can really benefit from our success
- Competitive base salary plus commission
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining anything that you think would be useful for us to know about you! Please make it personal and relevant to the role.
Applicants must have appropriate working rights in Australia.
- 50 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000