Financial Accountant at EdApp
Apply to EdApp
Apply to EdApp
Do you want to help redefine the way people learn at work? We are on a mission to disrupt the way corporate organisations help their employees learn!
This role’s mission is to support our head of finance as we scale EdApp to be a global leader in the education technology space. Your ultimate goal will be to keep our global finances in check, while taking charge of the day to day essentials to build a platform for our growth. You will have the opportunity to gain experience working at the headquarters of a fast growing tech company, with global operations with huge exposure and opportunity to make and support decisions that have a big impact on the growth of the business.
But wait, what is EdApp?
EdApp is a new mobile learning management system designed for today’s digital habits. With up to 40,000 lessons completed on EdApp everyday, we are in the exciting stages of scaling and establishing ourselves as the go-to platform for learning worldwide. We partner with heads of L&D and senior divisional heads of global organisations to help them deliver more engaging and effective micro-learning - throughout the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Our company has a young and progressive culture, working hard but also playing hard, where everyone is enjoying being part of a winning team.
Read more about Ed here: http://www.edapp.com & here https://youtu.be/UVyjGYz4h7k and check out our instagram @thisisedapp.
A bit more about the role
The role covers technical accounting and reporting as well as payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general administrative duties. On any given day, your responsibilities might include:
- Reconciling bank accounts, invoicing customers and pushing to improve our accounts receivable processes
- Taking ownership of expense management and putting measures in place to manage this
- Managing our P&L, Balance Sheet, manual journals and assisting with payroll and tax across Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom
- Understanding our sales and marketing process to maintain monthly reports on key metrics such as cost of acquiring customers and marketing spend
- Working with our sales team and account managers to ensure customers are correctly invoiced on time
- Consolidating reports across different regions
- Maintaining accurate books with a high attention to detail
- Reporting on key software as a service metrics and understanding the drivers of these
- Managing systems and software access requirements across the business
A bit about you
- You have a strong base understanding of accounting basics and are comfortable digging into a P&L or Balance Sheet to find answers, you know your manual journals from your suspense accounts
- You have a strong, goal-oriented work ethic and are proactive in your approach to tasks
- You are eager to learn and grow
- You have great attention to detail and take a structured way of thinking to problem solve complex tasks
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a ‘roll your sleeves up’ kind of person who knows that sometimes the boring tasks are the things that make everything else possible
- You have a sense of humour
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company, and join us on an incredible journey of growth
- We’re operating at a scale few other companies are, and you will have the chance to work on solving complex problems that impact learners and users worldwide
- Learning is a key priority for us, and you'll be supported in your personal journey and professional development
- Gain experience dealing with payroll and tax requirements across Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom
- Ideally a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 1 years of relevant experience in a commercial, finance, accounting or professional services environment
- Experience and passion for the learning industry is favourable
- CA/CPA qualification or are studying towards qualification would be nice to have
- Advanced MS Excel is a bonus
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining anything that you think would be useful for us to know about you! Please make it personal and relevant to the role.
- 50 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000