Facilities and Administration Coordinator (Office Manager) at Edrolo
Job DescriptionApply to Edrolo
At Edrolo, our mission is simple: to improve education.
We're an Australian, venture-backed edtech startup with global ambitions. Our team is over 100 strong and growing fast. We are all passionate about our mission and building a culture where we can all do the best work of our lives.
We’re now looking for an Office and Administration Coordinator to help us build and scale a happy and efficient office environment!
Do you want to be part of a company with a big mission that really matters? Are you looking to take on a critical role in a growing team? Do you want to have a big impact at a fast-growing, Australian, venture-backed startup? If so, this might be the one. We're a young company, with runs on the board, and a vision you can buy into long term.
What we’re looking for
As our team and office has grown so has our need to focus on building a collaborative, happy, and efficient office environment. The Facilities and Administration Coordinator has responsibility for precisely that: ensuring our Fitzroy head office runs smoothly, that everyone has what they need to focus on the job at hand, and that Edrollers love their work environment.
We’re looking for someone who will become the organisational heart of our office. No task will be too big or small for them and Edrollers will instinctively turn to them for help. They will act as a catalyst for growth by ensuring that our office environment helps team members achieve great things.
The right person will be: friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic, with a get-things-done attitude, supreme organisation skills, and an eye for detail. They’ll amplify our culture through all they do. They’ll identify pain points and build plans to remove them, with a focus on process and and systemisation.
The position is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Creating an inclusive and welcoming office environment
- Be the public face of our Fitzroy office
- Greet visitors and make all feel welcome
- Promote our workplace culture and help make it a competitive edge
- Ensure our offices run smoothly
- Edrollers have access to what they need, when and where they need it
- Function as point of contact for office and IT enquiries
- Purchasing supplies
- Ensuring the office is neat, clean, and tidy
- Partner with People Operations to
- Ensure onboarding and offboarding is seamless
- Build and maintain office policies
- Assist with recruitment and administrative elements of People Operations
- Coordinate great company events
- Help keep Edrollers and guests safe by coordinating workplace health and safety activities
- Own administrative functions
- Scheduling accommodation and travel bookings
- Dealing with vendors across a variety of functions
- Asset management, insurance, and paperwork
- Project managing a variety of initiatives across the organisation as needed…
… the list goes on. We are looking for someone who is able to hit the ground running, with a variety of both small larger jobs to sink your teeth into. The role will change over time and we expect you will be constantly learning and innovating
What you will need
The successful candidate will have
- At least 18 months experience in a professional environment
- Highly developed organisational skills and great attention to detail
- A ‘can do’ attitude to tackle challenges large and small
- A proactive mindset to turn ambiguity into action
- A love of learning and growth mindset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with G-Suite/Office and a love of technology
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to build trust across the company quickly – you’ll be a true professional and trusted resource, maintaining discretion and integrity at all times
- A desire to work collaboratively and build out scaleable processes
If you’ve other skills, experience, or abilities (particularly as they relate to scaling startup office or administrative requirements) we would love to hear about them.
What we can offer you
We’re constantly evolving as a team and company, and we’re committed to individual development. There is no shortage of opportunities to grow your skills, explore new ideas, develop and improve processes, and solve real problems – we’ll support you in building out your goals and helping you achieve them.
In this role you will touch every part of the business and get to know what we do and why we do it. Whilst we don’t treat this position as a stepping stone, it is a perfect launching pad into various other parts of the business.
This position reports directly to the Head of Operations and interfaces closely with our Ops, People Ops, and Client Support functions.
- Sydney, NSW, 2000
- 144 George Street, Fitzroy, VIC, 3065