Data Engineer at Emesent
Emesent is a venture backed technology company that a manufactures an award-winning and world leading autonomous drone system called Hovermap. The Hovermap drone payload utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate data collection and analysis of the physical world. Hovermap operates without the need for GPS or human surveyors, and customers around the world use it to map remote and hazard environments in the mining, infrastructure, and heavy industry sectors.
Emesent has had a strong first year after spinning out from the CSIRO robotics group and is now looking to expand on our established product and deliver more value to our customers. To that end we are continuing to grow our Brisbane based company, and are looking for people to contribute to the delivery of cutting edge and impactful technology.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our analytics team with a focus on developing our data platform to support the development of analytics software for Hovermap data. You will be responsible for developing the data system that efficiently stores, indexes, queries and manages the large amounts of high density spatial data that our payload and software algorithms are capable of producing.
Responsibilities and duties
- Design and implement software for efficiently storing, indexing and querying large volumes of spatial data.
- Develop databases and data interface APIs with examples and documentation for internal use.
- Analyse performance and system requirements for expected use cases.
- Work with software engineers and other team members to optimise their use of the APIs.
- Engage with product managers, researchers, domain experts and other stakeholders to ensure the platform will meet current and future needs.
- Delivering high quality, high performance and well documented code.
- Implement automated testing and develop manual testing procedures as appropriate.
- Contribute to internal and external documentation such as design documents and user manuals.
Essential qualifications and skills
- 5+ years of software development with C++ and SQL/No-SQL.
- Qualifications (Bachelor+) in software engineering or a related field.
- Experience developing systems that maintain high performance when dealing with large volumes of data.
- Experience developing SQL and/or NoSQL databases that form part of larger systems.
- Experience developing APIs that are used by other developers and teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated with a strong desire to ensure good outcomes for stakeholders.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience with lidar mapping and SLAM will be very highly regarded.
- Experience with geospatial SQL databases (e.g. PostGIS)
- Experience with 3D data analysis software.
- Experience with surveying or GIS tools and software.
- Experience with python or other scripting languages.
- Experience with cloud computing or cluster computing.
- Experience working on both Windows and Linux.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
More jobs at Emesent
- 1 Technology Court, Pullenvale, QLD, 4069