Internal Recruiter and HR Officer at Emesent
Emesent is a venture backed startup that develops cutting-edge technology for the mining and other industries. This includes autonomous drones which can explore and map underground mines, and automated data analytics to derive insights from the data collected.
We have a strong and growing team of robotics experts, engineers and data scientists who are passionate about developing the next generation of autonomous drones which will have a real impact in terms of safety, efficiency and value-add in these industries. Based on the outskirts of sunny Brisbane, Emesent provides an exciting, dynamic work environment without the hassle of inner-city commuting.
Emesent is looking for an Internal Recruiter and HR Officer to help us hire world-class talent in order to meet our growth needs. You will be responsible for the entire recruiting cycle including sourcing potential candidates, screening them, and recommending them for placement. This will include filling both technical, commercial and management roles. As a start-up we expect team members to help across a variety of roles so this position will primarily be focussed on recruitment but will also include other HR Officer responsibilities such as on-boarding, employment contracts, performance reviews etc. These roles will later be split into dedicated positions as we grow, providing the opportunity for career development.
Responsibilities and duties - recruitment
- Working with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Generating appropriate Role Descriptions and posting job adverts on appropriate channels
- Advertise Jobs on different platforms
- Source outstanding candidates from Australia and Overseas
- Screening candidates
- Performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates
- Performing reference and background checks
- Making recommendations to hiring managers
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
- Following up on the interview process status
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the company’s organisation structure, personnel policy, and laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, universities, and industry associations
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- Conducting exit interviews on terminating employees
Responsibilities and duties - HR officer
- Developing a performance management framework and overseeing performance management
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Maintain HR administration, including HR systems and record
- Compensation and benefits administration;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health;
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counselling
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining company directory and other organisational charts
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
Essential qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or professional HR certification
- 5+ years of recruitment / HR experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing and placing high-quality candidates
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Prior experience with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Experience with recruitment software platforms such as Lever
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Employer-contributed superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
- 1 Technology Court, Pullenvale, QLD, 4069