Regional Channel / Business Development Manager at Emesent
Job DescriptionApply to Emesent
Emesent is an award-winning venture backed technology company that provides innovative end-to-end data solutions for the infrastructure and mining industry. At Emesent, we deliver revolutionary efficiency, safety and operational insights to underground mines and other GPS-denied environments through automated data collection and analytics using autonomous drones and machine learning.
Emesent is a spin-off of the CSIRO Robotics Group with a strong team of experienced roboticists and engineers dedicated to creating the next generation of autonomous drones and analytics for industrial applications. We are a growing team, developing on the cutting edge and creating impactful solutions in sunny Brisbane, Australia.
We are offering an excellent career opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated Regional Channel / Business Development Manager to join our sales team and increase our portfolio of clients. You will be responsible for achieving sales targets for our products through the development and maintenance of new and existing clients and expansion of our international channel sales business. In this role, you will be expected to perform all the activities required to support a sales engagement from the initial meeting, deal nurturing, technical demonstration through to deal closure. You will be responsible for certain geographic regions and manage direct sales as well as channel sales and channel development for those regions.
Responsibilities and duties
- Take responsibility for particular geographic regions and drive direct sales and channel sales in these regions.
- Partner Recruitment: Identify, recruit, enable and manage international partners / distributors.
- Business Planning: Develop and implement quarterly and yearly business plans with partners.
- Marketing: Drive co-marketing opportunities with partners and distributors..
- Relationship Development: Develop strong relationships with partner sales team(s) as well as Key Decision Makers.
- Partner Training/Enablement: Work with relevant Emesent functions to provide: 1. New partner training, 2. Ongoing/training & support, 3. Manage partner deal registration process including partner forecasting, 4.Ensure partner/customer satisfaction.
- Analyse, structure, and execute end-to-end, enterprise sales.
- Engage with Tier-One clients in the Mining, Industrial Infrastructure or Underground Infrastructure verticals.
- Explorer new markets and drive growth across Australia and overseas.
- Research, identify and analyse sales opportunities and take relevant action to secure customer and market share.
- Manage relationships with Emesent’s partners and distributors.
- Help educate potential customers and facilitate the adoption of autonomous drones and LiDAR mapping into their organization.
- Build and nurture close working relationships with customers to better understand their needs.
- Support existing customers and relay technical issues to the engineering team.
- Positively represent and promote Emesent and its products at international forums and exhibitions.
- Deliver product demonstrations and present technical information across the full workflow from data capture, data manipulation and delivery of derived data products specific to applicable industries.
- Frequent travel within Australia and abroad is a job requirement.
- Monitor market changes, trends and competitor activity.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Tertiary qualifications in science / engineering, or related fields.
- 5+ years experience in sales, and/or business development in a technical industry - preferably in the Mining, Industrial Infrastructure or Underground Infrastructure industry. 2+ years Channel Sales experience.
- Experience with either drones, Lidar or other mapping / GIS technologies.
- Experience with mapping / GIS or other relevant software tools for manipulating 3D spatial data to generate derived data products.
- Demonstrated customer relationship management experience and use of a CRM to manage customers and track deals through the pipeline
- Strong understanding of the industry and competitor trends.
- The ability to proactively engage with both corporate and site-based external stakeholders and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate the Emesent value proposition to prospects and clients.
- Able to travel domestically and occasionally internationally.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Background in Mining, Surveying, GIS or asset management.
- Drone piloting skills or Remote Pilot Licence
- Dual / multi-lingual, particularly Spanish or APAC languages.
- Significant interest in industrial innovation and technologies, with the ability to communicate and identify new opportunities for application of the technology.
- Demonstrated experience in taking new and technologically advanced products to market.
- Competitive remuneration package. Employer-contributed superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
- 1 Technology Court, Pullenvale, QLD, 4069