Software Engineer - 3D Graphics at Emesent
Emesent is a venture backed technology company that a manufactures an award-winning and world leading autonomous drone system called Hovermap. The Hovermap drone payload utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate data collection and analysis of the physical world. Hovermap operates without the need for GPS or human surveyors, and customers around the world use it to map remote and hazard environments in the mining, infrastructure, and heavy industry sectors.
Emesent has had a strong first year after spinning out from the CSIRO robotics group and is now looking to expand on our established product and deliver more value to our customers. To that end we are continuing to grow our Brisbane based company, and are looking for people to contribute to the delivery of cutting edge and impactful technology.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with experience in 3D graphics to join our analytics team. You will be responsible for developing engineering visualisation software that enables inspection and interaction with the high density point cloud data our Hovermap payload produces.
Responsibilities and duties
- Implementing 3D graphics components of the analytics software.
- Translating engineering data into structures suitable for 3D rendering.
- Designing and implementing interactive 3D elements of the user interface.
- Developing 3D rendering pipeline, including managing system resources and performance.
- Engage with team member and other stakeholders.
- Delivering high quality, high performance and well documented code.
- Implement automated testing and develop manual testing procedures as appropriate.
- Contribute to internal and external documentation such as design documents and user manuals.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Qualifications (Bachelor+) in software engineering, computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of software development experience with C++ and OpenGL shaders.
- Experience in designing and developing user interfaces in a 3D context.
- Strong problem solving, mathematics and spatial reasoning skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Self motivated with a strong desire to ensure good outcomes for stakeholders.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience with UE4, Unity or other game graphics engine.
- Experience with point clouds and 3D data analysis software.
- Experience developing CAD software.
- Experience developing surveying or GIS tools and software.
- Experience with lidar mapping and/or SLAM.
- Experience with image and/or video processing.
- Experience working on both Windows and Linux.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
- 1 Technology Court, Pullenvale, QLD, 4069