Software Engineer at Emesent
Emesent is a venture backed technology company that a manufactures an award-winning and world leading autonomous drone system called Hovermap. The Hovermap drone payload utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate data collection and analysis of the physical world. Hovermap operates without the need for GPS or human surveyors, and customers around the world use it to map remote and hazard environments in the mining, infrastructure, and heavy industry sectors.
Emesent has had a strong first year after spinning out from the CSIRO robotics group and is now looking to expand on our established product and deliver more value to our customers. To that end we are continuing to grow our Brisbane based company, and are looking for people to contribute to the delivery of cutting edge and impactful technology.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our analytics team to help us develop world class analytics software. You will be responsible for integrating algorithms, data back-ends and user interfaces into a cohesive software package to enable users to process and analyse data from our Hovermap payload.
Responsibilities and duties
- Contribute code to algorithms, user interfaces and system frameworks to ensure all components interact seamlessly.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD build processes.
- Ensure all software components and dependencies are incorporated into a single software bundle for release.
- Extend or replace the existing software licensing system to facilitate secure but flexible distribution and access to the software.
- Engage with team member and other stakeholders to ensure expectations are met.
- Delivering high quality, high performance and well documented code.
- Implement automated testing and develop manual testing procedures as appropriate.
- Contribute to internal and external documentation such as design documents and user manuals.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Qualifications (Bachelor+) in software engineering or a related field.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience with C++ and python.
- Experience with a range of software products and platforms.
- Experience working with CI/CD systems.
- Experience with packaging software for delivery to customers.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self motivated with a strong desire to ensure good outcomes for stakeholders.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience with data analysis software.
- Experience with databases and SQL.
- Experience with cloud computing or HPC.
- Experience with virtual machines and/or docker.
- Experience with licensing and IP protection systems.
- Experience working on both Windows and Linux.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
More jobs at Emesent
- 1 Technology Court, Pullenvale, QLD, 4069