Operations and Purchasing Specialist at Fleet
Fleet’s mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to enable the next industrial revolution.
The Operations and Purchasing Specialist will take ownership of all purchasing request within the Fleet Operations team. Collaboration and communication both internally and with vendors will be a key focus for you and hence we seek a team-player with great communication skills. You are a multi-talented person who can also roll up their sleeves and help out with additional manual tasks as required by the Operations team.
- Responsible in ensuring purchasing requests are effectively fulfilled
- Delivery, Quality and Service monitoring of supplies
- Sourcing of components and suppliers (Electronics, Mechanical, RF)
- Ensuring upkeep of AVL and current Cost of Goods Sold price
- Ensuring best-cost sourcing and reliability-through-redundancy techniques
- Ability to help Operations team in manual work when purchasing load is very low (Assembly, Soldering, Fitting, Packaging, Housekeeping)
- Basic logistics knowledge (booking of freight and carriers)
- Must have basic mechanical/electronics knowledge (GD&T, Electronic components, PCBAs)
- Any other duties assigned
- Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 4 years production experience in a manufacturing set-up
- Basic computer skills (Office, Google, Slack)
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- 8a Myer Court, Beverley, SA, 5009