Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Gilmour Space Technologies
Apply to Gilmour Space Technologies
Apply to Gilmour Space Technologies
Gilmour Space (gspacetech.com) is a leading rocket company based in Queensland, Australia pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles; targeting for a first commercial LEO launch in 2020.
As part of a small, passionate team of embedded software developers working within a state-of-the-art software stack, you will have vast software development background with demonstrable technical contribution to several highly complex embedded projects. You will complement your deep understanding of embedded systems coding with well-developed technical leadership skills. You will have strong opinions on tools and software development methodology, and you will have mastered C/C++ in an embedded environment.
You will be responsible for
- Developing standalone, real-time, embedded computer system applications in both kernel and real-time environments utilising C/C++
- Leading a small team of engineers designing, implementing and deploying, real-time embedded systems for space craft.
- Developing highly resilient real-time, embedded or application systems for a rocket system, ground stations and associated infrastructure.
- Working as a part of a team to build stable, secure, well-structured and functioning software to a consistent level of excellence.
- Displaying a willingness to learn new technologies, coding approaches, architectures etc and an ability to communicate benefits and issues.
- Reviewing code developed by colleagues, take lead in developing documented code, producing architecture documents etc, use and champion development processes, learn and become proficient in standard software development tools.
- Unit testing, supporting the QA process, scripting, automatic testing, stability testing, functional and non-functional testing, optimise IO performance etc.
- Analysing, monitoring and improving system efficiency, stability and performance.
- Building close relationships with hardware teams, parallel software teams and within own team.
- Instilling, developing and growing excellent coding practices and processes within your team.
You will have
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a computer science or engineering disciple with Masters or PhD preferred.
- Exceptional experience in software development with a demonstrated ability in a complex embedded development environment.
- You will have exceptional coding ability developed over time and a demonstrable ability to find novel and simple solutions to complex problems.
- A good working knowledge of software development tool chains such as the Atlassian suite, Git Lab, build tools etc. and you will be able to assist in “best practice” tool selection.
- Exposure to a start-up will be considered beneficial
- Demonstrated proficiency in self-management, showing initiative, operating successfully in an ambiguous environment and providing a high level of customer service.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- An enthusiastic learner who wants to broaden your experience and develop your technical and leadership skills
- Highly organised and capable of planning complex technical work
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
About Gilmour Space Technologies
- 62 Millaroo Drive, Helensvale, QLD, 4212