Software Engineering Manager at GROW Super
$165k in Surry Hills, NSW
Apply to GROW Super
Apply to GROW Super
The Engineering Manager position is a key role in our rapidly growing product development team. You will be responsible for leading a number of small teams, focusing on helping them deliver our platform efficiently and effectively and mentor our passionate and highly skilled developers.
As Engineering Manager your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Overseeing and managing development solutions within the scrum teams
- Working closely with our CTO and Solutions Architects to help permeate knowledge and implement best development practices across all of the developers (Front-end, Back-end and Dev-ops)
- Supervising, performing and prescribing training and certifications for development staff as well as analysing development staff strengths and weaknesses and monitoring their progression
- Complement upcoming product requirements by proactively building out Technical requirements to enable the expected business outcomes
- Communicating with stakeholders across the business on the progression of projects and working with Product Owners to ensure meeting and workshop facilitation is provided to the scrum teams
- Project and Product development estimation (time and cost)
- Ensuring that the scrum teams have adequate development resourcing
- Planning release schedules and collateral, ensuring that release signoff is completed by all relevant stakeholders and being accountable for final technical review in releases
- Tertiary degree in relevant field
- Leading teams in Agile framework
- Proven track record (3-5 years) of delivering solutions products efficiently and effectively
- Providing high-performing, resilient and efficient infrastructure
- Developing with Corda Distributed Ledger Technology - desired but not necessary
- HTML and CSS
- Integrating RESTful APIs
- Relational and Non-Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Serverless architecture
- AWS services (such as S3, EC2, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudFormation)
- TDD and BDD unit testing
- Setting up and evangelising Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Strong debugging skills and ability to understand unfamiliar code
- Natural problem solver with the ability to "think out of the box"
- Excellent communication skills, including strong command of the English language, in both written and spoken form
The successful candidate
The right candidate for this position will be a fast-learner with effective problem-solving skills and a thirst for innovation and expanding your horizons and testing your capabilities. The right candidate will also be a perfect cultural fit for GROW, meaning that you are comfortable working on code as you are telling a joke or two and having a laugh!
A love or appreciation for dogs also wouldn’t be a bad thing as we have two regularly roaming around the office reminding us to not take life so seriously all the time.
- Remuneration package of $150,000 - $165,000 + Super
- Open, modern workspace in Surry Hills with an energetic vibe and the ability to come to work in jeans and a T-shirt
- Young dynamic company about to make a big impact in the super and financial services industry
- A culture that is collaborative, open and likes to have fun along the way
- Competitive remuneration with the opportunity for GROWth in skill and knowledge-set along with career advancement
- A place where you can be you
How to apply
In addition to your resume and examples of your work/links to any relevant past works via Github repos, Stack exchange, etc, we ask you to answer one of the following questions in no more than 140 words in lieu of a cover letter: Describe three values you live by and why? OR How would your current (or last) team describe you?
To apply for this position, please send your application to email@example.com with the subject being the position you are applying for.
GROW SUPER IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) EMPLOYER AND SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHALL BE BASED ON MERIT ONLY.
Please note only Australian Citizens/Permanent Residents will be considered.
About GROW Super
- 29-41 Hutchinson Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010