Engineering Manager at HealthEngine
This is your chance to join a team of forward-thinking, change-making individuals transforming healthcare experiences. Operating at the intersection of two fast-growing industries – health and tech – you’ll play an active role in shaping the future of healthcare in Australia.
The purpose of our Engineering Managers is to ensure that the right engineers are given the right body of work, the right tools, and the right support to develop high-quality and high-performing HealthEngine products.
- Partner with product managers and engineers to transform product requirement descriptions into technical implementation plans, sizing, and final roadmap prioritisation
- Work with engineers to identify and scope technical opportunities to increase delivery velocity, site security, and operational excellence
- Manage workload across their engineering team to achieve product goals in a timely fashion, catering for engineers’ individual strengths
- Mentor and develop the engineers in their team, and promote the company’s vision, culture and values to the team
- Represent and stand up for the concerns of their engineers to the rest of the company
- Celebrate the successes of their team.
You will have excellent time management and prioritisation skills, as well as excellent communication skills with the ability to translate between technological and product realms. You are comfortable escalating issues and following through issues to resolution with a strong capability to switch between management and development duties depending on the situation.
- Good understanding of modern development practices - SoA, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Experience in supporting always-on products
- Experience leading a team in an agile environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience recruiting and growing high performing teams
At HealthEngine, we’re on a mission to transform healthcare in Australia. HealthEngine is Australia’s consumer healthcare platform, creating an exceptional patient experience by bringing all healthcare providers into one, connected network. We allow patients to find and book healthcare practitioners at the touch of a button, 24/7, while providing practices with the tools and technology to improve their patients’ experience. We believe that by creating a more connected, immediate and simple ecosystem, we can improve health outcomes for everyone.
What’s on offer
HealthEngine is where you’ll be your best self. You’ll collaborate with smart, interesting people who will challenge you to be better. You will learn a lot and grow even more. There’s no limit to your progress — your future’s what you make of it.
- A diverse culture of smart creative individuals who are passionate about HealthEngine’s mission and vision
- An open-plan office with a variety of spaces for working and socialising
- Regular social events, hackathons, a huge end of year celebration and more
- 503 Murray Street, Perth, WA, 6000
- 75 King Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000