Head of Technical Operations at hipages
Apply to hipages
Apply to hipages
hi. We’re hipages.
hipages provides a better, smarter way to connect tradies and consumers and get the job done well.
Our purpose is to make home improvement effortlessly efficient, creating happier homes. We build technology that solves the frictions of an industry ready for optimisation and are on a mission to bring simplicity, trust and create a seamless experience for our tradies and homeowners.
To date, over two million Australians have changed the way they find, hire and manage trusted tradies to get a job done around their home.
Founded in an Aussie garage 15 years ago by two great mates, we’ve continued to reinvent and refine what we do, becoming Australia's number 1 site to hire qualified, trusted and verified tradies.
hipages. Change the way you tradie!
As the Head of Technical Operations for hipages, a private technology company, your role will be to develop, communicate and execute our technology plans, with a focus on infrastructure, security (including PC compliance), championing site reliability and internal IT operations. Operational domains will include production infrastructure and internal IT infrastructure. As well as remaining hands-on, the Head of Technical Operations will lead various teams, including Security, Site Reliability and IT Ops.
- Consult, develop and execute our Technology Plans across Security, Infrastructure, Site Reliability and internal IT domains
- Strengthen our culture of evolutionary technology practices, by drawing on your experiences to drive change
- Manage and execute our Security, Compliance and Regulatory requirements, e.g. PCI compliance.
- Champion security practices in hipages, such as automated security scanning across domain, source code and cloud environment, bug bounty programs, etc.
- Champion site reliability practices in hipages, e.g. monitoring, alerting, post-mortem, continuous improvement, reduction of TTD and TTR, definition of SLA and SLO, etc
- Continuous evaluation of the Scalability and Performance of our infrastructure
- Manage Operational Costs across saas, cloud and bare–metal infrastructure
- Support the operational needs of the Product Delivery “focus” teams to help ensure they’re delivering on–time
- Coach and mentor the members of Security, Infrastructure, Site Reliability and IT teams, fast–tracking their development
- Provide vendor management with key service providers
- Implement an asset management system across IT and Engineering
We are looking for applicants that have a minimum 10-years’ experience working at startups, online technology companies and/or infrastructure technology service providers, with experience successfully scaling to over 10,000 requests per second.
- Strong cloud experience (preferably AWS, and at large scale)
- Strong MySQL experience (preferably at large scale)
- Strong experience in managing on call process and implement best practices for Site Reliability
- Strong DevOps background, with automation experience (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, OpsWorks)
- Strong Linux background (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat)
- Solid experience with PCI Compliance (preferably DSS Level 1)
- Solid experience with at least 2 languages (PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, GoLang)
- Solid experience with network and system level security (routing, firewall, VPC, ACL, DMZ, FIMS)
- Experience with Windows Active Directory, Group Policy and OSX profile management
- Experience in leadership and creating a culture of high performance
- Experience with building effective Automation and Monitoring systems that focus on measuring business critical services
- Experience with cyber security, and ethical hacking
- Experience managing Operational Costs
Why work for us?
Our employees really are at the forefront of our business and we empower our team to have a voice, make a difference, help lead the business forward and keep hipages a great place to work. Huge investment in your training and career development, superior employee benefits and participation within our Employee Share Program are just some of the many reasons to work here, not to mention the free brekkie and the most amazing office in Australia, located in the heart of Sydney CBD!
Who we are
At hipages, no two days are the same and our pace is fast. Our diverse and inclusive culture drives our success and makes us a great place to work - we celebrate the individual! We empower our team to feel free to be themselves so they can unleash their maximum potential. We are down-to-earth people who genuinely work together as a team to "make it happen". This is hipages' DNA.
We also love celebrating - everything! Birthdays, babies, big wins, little wins and anything in between, our company awards and events are legendary! Check out our Instagram #hipagesteam to get the picture. Does this sound like the place you belong? Welcome home.
hipages. Change the way you career!
- 255 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000