Frontend Software Engineer at HotDoc
Job DescriptionApply to HotDoc
HotDoc provides software that helps patients manage their personal health and relationship with their doctor. Our goal is to create the best healthcare experience possible for everyone in Australia. We’re well on our way with over 12,000 doctors and 1m+ patients per month using our software.
We’re a diverse, ethics-driven team of about 70 people working out of our plant-filled office with the best terrace in the Melbourne CBD. A handful of our team work remote from Perth, the Gold Coast and New Zealand.
We’re looking for candidates who believe that a strong engineering culture best leads to moving quickly, and who can contribute early in the product development and design process with good user-centric ideas.
We value people who
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- Don’t take themselves too seriously
- Have experience and like working in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Are continuously learning and curious
- As engineers, prefer to influence what gets built by understanding the user’s problems and opportunities
- Have an interest in healthcare, or a personal link to the healthcare industry.
- Implement user interfaces in Ember.js, with Typescript
- Write and maintain automated test coverage
- Conduct peer code reviews
- Attend occasional customer visits, and contribute to product development discussions with your own ideas.
- Interest in learning Ember.js and Typescript, or prior experience with it
- Enthusiasm for automated test coverage as a way to maintain code quality and velocity
- An awareness and pride in the user experience of the interfaces you build
- Curiosity for the latest frontend best practices and tools with which to keep the team performing at its best.
- Influence over how and why things are done
- Regular work from home days encouraged
- Any learning resources (books etc) paid for
- Domestic conference attendance paid for
- Team retreats to Phillip Island, including the satisfaction of beating the CEO at mini-golf
- Spacious terrace overlooking the Yarra, plus a fine selection of beverages on tap, fresh fruit, and snacks
- Subsidy for gym membership, personal training, or yoga.
Who should apply, and how?
We celebrate diversity, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills required, please submit a short cover letter and an up to date CV. In your cover letter, please mention the sort of problems you get most satisfaction from working on, and your opinion on what makes for an effective frontend engineering culture.
- 525 Flinders Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000