Practifi is the #1 business management platform for financial advice and superannuation. Blending deep industry knowledge with cloud software expertise, Practifi revolutionises financial services by putting the customer at the heart of everything.
Practifi is more than just a system. Our platform is cloud-based on Salesforce and Skuid, with an ecosystem of best-of-breed technologies that integrate harmoniously to create something that’s so much more than the sum of its parts.
We’re looking for an Agile Software Development Manager to join our rapidly growing fintech startup in our global headquarters in Sydney, Australia. It’s a fun and hugely dynamic environment that offers awesome career growth opportunities.
You’ll need a great track record of managing a high-quality, fast-paced product release cycle in an agile environment where priorities shift quickly. You’ll be used to managing a continuous integration process ideally based around Atlassian’s tools.
You’ll be a strong, vocal leader who can prioritise well, communicate proactively and who understands how to drive excellence from a development team. You’re comfortable recruiting tech teams, developing staff and building a culture of efficient execution.
This is a full time role and a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing business as we expand globally.
What you’ll do:
- Own the end-to-end Practifi product release lifecycle of three major and numerous minor releases each year.
- Work with product engineers to define, co-ordinate and manage product development, testing, deployment, documentation, release notes and communications for every Practifi release.
- Allocate and balance technical team resources across product release cycles concurrently with numerous client service engagements, client support work and integration projects.
- Implement and manage a continuous integration process based around Atlassian’s suite of tools and Salesforce DX.
- Line manage a growing technical team of 12+ developers, designers and testers.
- Inspire and drive the technical team to maximise their efficiency and the quality of the Practifi product.
- Continuously improve the processes and technology used for support tickets, source code management, development task backlog, release management, testing, deployment and data management.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- A computing degree or equivalent.
- A proven track record as an agile software development management in a full stack web application environment.
- A past career as a software developer or tester.
- A confident, persuasive and vocal leadership style, combined with the ability to inspire and mentor.
- Strong planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- A keen interest in contemporary UI/UX techniques and a great eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the confidence to employ them with clients.
- Huge adaptability and appetite for learning new technologies quickly.
- A passion for a high growth, fast paced startup culture.
- Flexibility and availability for occasional travel, both interstate and internationally.
Benefits you’ll love:
- Attractive salary, based on experience and impact.
- Four weeks’ annual leave, plus three free “mental health” days per year.
- The freedom to help shape the future of Practifi as we scale globally.
- A vibrant startup office space in Sydney’s CBD, complete with bike racks, showers and ping pong.
- Massive opportunity for professional and personal growth — we’re seriously ambitious and expect our staff to be, too.
Come and join us on the Practifi journey!