At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs, and central to that is turning Canva into the world’s leading tool used for designing presentations.
Every day hundreds of millions of people create presentations to educate their students, pitch their startup and showcase their work, and we need your help to ensure that Canva is the world’s best tool for each of these important presentations. Joining Canva’s Presentations Group, is an opportunity redefine visual communication and have a global impact on the way people learn and work.
This role is about crafting our collection of presentation templates to ensure that every presentation created in Canva is high impact. You’ll do this by working with a talented team of product managers, designers, copywriters and content specialists to expand our layout collection to offer the perfect presentation for every need.
As the Designer you’ll set the trends that millions of people follow to communicate their ideas. You’ll be responsible for researching, ideating and articulating what makes a beautifully designed template whilst bringing it to life working with a team of talented designers in Manila. You will also have the opportunity to redefine the limits of what’s possible with the presentation format.
You’ll work closely with the product teams to understand their roadmaps and ensure that our templates evolve with new features and requirements. You’ll also help create and refine our template style guides, and take initiative to propose and implement strategies to improve workflow and process.
As the senior designer you will ...
- Do both hands on design work and provide direction of the presentation product’s visual design templates.
- Own and drive the effort to up-level visual design quality for our presentation template library
- Bring our design into our product in a way that is thoughtful, intentional and systematic. Establish a direction which balances the beautiful design with the utility of our product.
- Research trends, patterns and best-practises for design creation in order to create and understand what makes the best templates out there.
- Gather competitive research and visual/interaction design inspiration.
- Gather user and business insights and translate into creative and intuitive design solutions.
- You’ll be ensuring the designers create beautiful and relevant templates for users with usability requirements in mind.
- Help build, develop and maintain a set of best practices and operational guidelines while raising the bar of a beautiful design.
- Inspire the design team by producing and integrating effective & efficient design practices.
- Create style guides for other designers to utilise and follow.
- You’ll be working closely with the product team developing Canva’s next template features and tools so our templates can evolve.
- You’ll support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
You'll love this job if
- 4 + years experience as a Design Lead, Senior Graphic Designer or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of marketing materials.
- You have experience in creating designs for effective pitch decks, proposals, or presentations.
- You may have designed not just finished art, but templates for other designers or non-designers utilise to ensure consistent visual results.
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes. You have the thinking to scale a process up to deliver sustainable throughput.
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability.
- You have proven yourself as a systematic design thinker and have seen projects from concept to completion. You are able to push creative ideas and think beyond just design execution.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs.
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, colour, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling.
- You can communicate your vision for quality to other designers effectively through the framework of design principles.
- You understand what makes a good design, fundamentally and culturally. You know what’s currently trending and know which visuals are appropriate for what context.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered