Are you an agile, creative and open-minded kind of person who isn’t afraid of questioning the status quo? If you answered yes – then bingo! Please read on.
We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer with solid experience in .NET and Azure. Ideally, you’ll have a track record of developing scalable systems and will have had some exposure to serverless/FaaS approaches.
What do we do? In a nutshell, we harness data and technology to empower people to take care of their own health. We’ve built an app that draws data from a person’s life using wearables, health and mobile devices to present them with a clear picture of their health and support them to live longer, happier and healthier.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of something extraordinary, while working with a passionate and supportive group of people. Our office is in St Kilda East – so we are utterly spoilt for choice when it comes to food and caffeine. You should also know that we think we’re hilarious, so a good sense of humour is necessary to fit in.
What you need for the job:
- Plenty of experience developing applications in C#
- Previous exposure to serverless/FaaS architectural styles
- Ability to reason about the behaviour of distributed systems operating at scale
- Familiarity with Git and CI/CD systems (we use Azure DevOps Pipelines)
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Appreciation for logging, monitoring, and alerting tools
- Great communication with internal stakeholders and external contacts alike
- Understanding of the importance of various forms of automated testing
- Willingness to stay abreast of technological developments (and incorporate them judiciously)
What you’ll be doing:
- Use .Net to extend and maintain our API and collection of serverless functions, to support our popular Android and iOS apps
- Leverage telemetry data to ensure our code remains performant and scalable
- Work with a multi-functional team and ship quality features in a timely cadence
- Work closely with frontend developers to ensure the app remains aligned with the backend
- Collaborating with and supporting our data scientists in the productisation of their models
- Managing the delivery of your own epics and assisting others in the delivery of theirs
- Exploring new tools and techniques, to help us maintain our technological advantage
We’re definitely a dream team, but does this sound like your dream job? Then apply now and please send us a personalised cover letter explaining how you’d be the perfect candidate.