Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals and we are currently on the hunt for an Investor Relations Manager.
A Business Development Manager will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment and will accelerate the success we are achieving. A Business Development Manager will be responsible for our fastest moving opportunities, focused on making first contact, selling to new customers by inspiring their ability to use aerial imaging to make their work processes more effective, and negotiating deals with a keen eye for speed. This role requires a competitive spirit to drive you to be the leader in revenue and transactions per month in your team.
You have the luxury of bringing your own individual strengths to this role which will empower you to dive into the deep-end and do what is necessary to succeed. You will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment that craves leaders to improve the way things get done with a no-fear, can-do attitude.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Engaging mid-tier business, leveraging industry specific knowledge to close high value new business deals.
- Build and maintain contact with prospective customers to secure new business opportunities
- Face-to-face engagement with prospective clients, running entire sales cycles from prospect to customer.
- Achieve challenging weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue targets, with the expectation to exceed these targets.
- Maintain a high level of phone-based activity, whilst organising regular meetings.
- Identify untapped verticals and industry segments for targeting prospecting.
- Diligent and attentive CRM management.
- Mentoring of New Business representatives, ensuring wider success of the New Business team.
- Complies with responsibilities of working for a public company.
- Complies with all local legislative requirements.
- Adheres to company guidelines and the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Where appropriate keeps up to date with legislative requirements.
- Acts in an ethical way when dealing with company assets and other people.
More about what you need to bring…
- 4 years; experience in an outbound sales role (preferably subscription based)
- Successful quota of KPI/KSO attainment with a demonstrated track record of success
- High levels of personal motivation and professionalism
- The ability to prioritise and work towards deadlines
- Experience in CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Positive self-starter with a results driven attitude
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills
- Positive and energetic
- Bachelor's degree
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8