As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will report directly to the CEO/Founder of SafetyCulture - Luke Anear. It will be your mission to establish and implement a strategic direction for finance as we continue to scale globally. We've made significant investment in the team and vital infrastructure that will allow you to focus on the business. Your role is critical to ensure that we scale effectively whilst not losing our focus on rapid innovation and experimentation. It is your job to design and deliver on effective financial systems across our global growing markets which are headlined by North America, EMEA and APAC.
You will need to be a proven financial leader that is accustomed to ambiguity and willing to flex in a period of rapid change. You will have the support of substantial resources to scale the organisation with the autonomy to make the role your own as part of SafetyCulture's mission to democratise safety and quality at a global scale.
The CFO will play a vital role as SafetyCulture embarks on the next phase of growth and development. With the support of globally recognised venture capital, you will be the sole driving force for the financial strategy.
Your partnership with the senior leadership team will be key to executing the company vision and strategy of our grand plans. Over the last year, we have tripled our team, doubled our revenue and expanded into more offices around the world. We've also just recently raised A$60m from our investors to add rocket fuel to our growth. Our Finance team in Sydney is also rapidly scaling to keep up with the challenges of building a global business.
The opportunity at hand allows you to mould a strong and entrepreneurial-minded team and will need you to bring a robust wealth of knowledge from your previous career experiences. Occasionally you'll have to get your hands dirty and ride the bumpy wave, but it will be the ride of your life.
From a Leadership Perspective
- Being a true finance leader, bringing experience from leading finance in a global environment, cognisant of global issues including tax, treasury and financial stewardship.
- Serve as a thought partner and member of SafetyCulture Senior Leadership Team, setting organisational vision and strategy, mentoring staff, and providing oversight
- Partnering with business stakeholders and helping develop their financial acumen, building transparency and accountability.
- Building and scaling a finance team of at least 10 people is highly desirable
- Your last role would have been as a group financial controller, finance director or CFO
Strategic Planning and Problem Solving
- The overall ability to drive stewardship in running a business starting with the simple things, paying the bills on time, keeping our financial investors/ partners updated on the company finances
- Understand and create on a deeper level a clearly defined financial roadmap that allows SafetyCulture to improve continuously as we scale
- Filling our global experience gap - recognising that we operate across the globe 24/7. Having a global experience, tax understanding and familiarity of the different taxation policies.
- You've seen scale! Grown teams from 50 to 500 - You've seen subscription, recurring portfolio revenue ideally from a SaaS business.
Systems and Process Design
- Oversee the selection and implementation of enterprise-wide financial software that enables improved organisation-wide planning, efficiency and decision making
- Ability to suggest and implement FP&A systems that we can use for legal purposes
- Worked across treasury and capital raising equity and equity incentives
- Review financial systems and processes and recommend enhancements that will enable instruction, operations, development, and talent teams to more easily understand the benefits and costs of potential strategic and operational decisions
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 8 + years working within a financial role
- Experience, alongside ability to act and work at a board level
- Chartered accountancy background preferred
- Thorough understanding of treasury, capital raising and equity incentive structures
- The structured/unstructured nature - continuous quick shifts and changes in priority
- The company is in a very privileged position, it is your passion and knowledge of a strategic direction that will take us to the next level
- We're operating at a scale few other companies are, and you'll be doing challenging work that impacts millions every day and helps to move the world forward.
- We have money in the bank and plentiful investors knocking on our doors
- We have HUGE ambitions. We aren't scared to aim for tens of millions of users by 2025
- We operate within a largely untapped market with endless possibilities and we are a part of a new, exciting wave of SaaS companies that focus on frontline workers
- We know a thing or two about making our employees happy, and we go the extra mile connecting our people to our mission.