Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals and we are currently on the hunt for a Commercial Analyst.
As a Commercial Analyst, you will be responsible for driving analysis of commercial and operational performance and key initiatives of the Company. By liaising with stakeholders across the company, you will understand key strategic, operational and business issues facing the organisation, research and analyse the trends, issues and potential outcomes, and adopt a ‘hands-on’ approach to implementation and validation of project outcomes. The initial focus will be on the Sales & Marketing commercial models, driving understanding and implementation of optimal reporting, systems and processes and shaping the operational landscape.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Commercial modelling – understanding of business drivers and key performance metrics. Access and analyse data to create models that illustrate trends in the customer base and within internal teams.
- Identify and track operational metrics to measure leading indicators of performance. Develop new models to underpin business decisions.
- Identifying customer behavioural segments by combining business knowledge with quantitative trends.
- Build dashboards and visual reporting templates to bring trends, patterns and analysis to life. Communicate analytical findings, including through reports, presentations and data visualisation.
- Work with senior management to enable data driven decisions and outline specific data needs (including market analysis, planning and monitoring, financial modelling, pricing and reporting).
- Define business requirements, gather critical information, implement and report them back to stakeholders. Create and present business cases.
- Providing strategic, financial and operational insights that help the decision-making process, and align capital and resource allocation within the business.
- Understand and evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Network and maintain relationships with global partners to understand data input/output from various systems.
- Global market intelligence / industry trends.
- Market size and penetration analysis.
- Analysis of competitive landscape.
- Geographic and International roll-out and expansion strategy and business cases.
- Product & pricing analysis.
- Build strong relationships through engagement with colleagues, project managers and other key stakeholders across the business.
More about what you need to bring…
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an analyst role where you were responsible for applying data driven insights to recommendations in commercial settings.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse both qualitative and quantitative information objectively.
- Experience in forecasting, financial analysis and understanding key performance indicators.
- Understanding of web based financial and ERP systems (Salesforce, Zuora, Looker, Marketing Information Platforms and Finance Systems experience preferred).
- Strong understanding of web based and IT technologies.
- Experience in BI, data warehousing, statistical or reporting tools.
- Experience with SQL, Tableau and other reporting tools will help you succeed in this role.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external clients at all levels with the capacity to negotiate and resolve conflict with clients, staff and management representatives.
- Hands on self-starter, with exceptional detailed oriented analytical, inquisitive and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience working with senior decision makers and working closely with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal, visual communication and documentation skills.
- Financial qualification favourable but not essential.
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8