We're a purpose-led company that's transforming how people think about charities around the world. Instead of thinking of charity muggers harassing you on your way to work, we're making the face of charity awesome, exciting projects that people want to be part of. We've helped over 8,000 campaigners in 23 countries raise over $32M. We're backed by the Telstra Foundation and Blackbird Ventures and live in Philadelphia, London and Sydney.
What you'll be doing
We're building campaigner communities in Australia and across the globe. We’re achieving this by marketing and hosting events that give a lot of value to attendees, alongside a little information about Chuffed.org. You'll be based in Sydney, but your focus will be to boost event attendance across Australia. This is a full time role that includes regular interstate travel.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Organising and running 10 events per month across Australia
- Running email outreach to our community that ensures we sell out all 10 events
- Direct outreach to new partners that increase attendance and our standing in the social cause community
- Developing and maintaining relationships within your local non-profit sector
- Running and facilitating events and workshops with our Community Members
- Sourcing and building partnerships with Community Members to identify new events that we could do together
- Identifying and testing new promotion methods and content to boost attendance at our events and use of our platform
- Be comfortable with pivoting and adapting to new tasks as our organisation grows exponentially
- 3-5 years experience in marketing and/or community management, preferably in the tech or non-profit sectors
- Proven track record in growing a product, community or market
- Experience in initiating and driving strategic partnerships
- Practical experience in running events and workshops and a love of presenting and public speaking
- An entrepreneurial spirit that enables you to always be seeking out new opportunities
- A learning mindset that helps you glean insights from every activity you undertake
- Ideally, a solid understanding of the non-profit sector in Australia
- Availability to travel regularly as you host events across the country
People come for the social mission, they stay for the team.
We’re a fast-growing social enterprise, that’s backed by some amazing tech investors (Blackbird VC and Bevan Clark) but retains our social mission at our core. We even created our own legal structure over in Australia - the Social Benefit Company - to let us do that. We’ve worked in the social sector for years and changing how it raises money for the amazing work that it does is something that we deeply care about. We’re the place where you can do work that you care about and be part of a fast-moving company at the same time.
Meet us at the intersection of doing what you love every day and enabling people to take action on issues they care about.
Here are a few more benefits we have to offer:
- Flexible work hours (within reason) and the ability to work from home a few days per week.
- Want to work from London for a while? No problem! Part of our team is there and they are always excited to have us visit.
- Ownership. You will have a say. In the product, the community culture and how we build it.