Shippit is one of Australia's fastest growing startups with a goal to create a super simple and feature rich solution for retailers to ship products. It is a real, revenue generating business, backed by some prestigious investors. Our product is already being used daily by a rapidly growing customer base - they include Sephora, Uniqlo and Harvey Norman with many more to come.
Being a newly created role and the first of its kind in the business, this is a massive opportunity to step in and shape the way we engage with our customers through their lifecycle with us. This role would suit someone with a good foundation of experience, exposure to a similar ecosystem of products and who's really looking to step up and own and grow this function within Shippit. The successful candidate will be naturally curious and always have customer success front of mind
- Ruby on Rails 5
- Postgres Database
- Sidekiq (used extensively for backgrounded tasks)
- RSpec for testing
- Currently migrating the front end app to React
- All run on AWS infrastructure, currently managed by a 3rd party agency
You will work in the development team, speeding up our developments and securing our operations worldwide. Your job will be to get our platform from ‘alright’ to ‘outstanding’ from a DevOps perspective, matching our equally large ambitions.
This would include:
- Unleash our environment management, by enabling multiple testing environments, up to one per feature
- Enhance and secure our Continuous Deployment tooling and processes
- Work with the dev team to secure the QA automation processes
- Securing our current platform monitoring, proactive and reactive processes
- Work with the dev team to come up with a resilient and scalable architecture that will deliver our services globally
- Control infrastructure costs
- … and anything else you think is valuable to our business.
- Significant experience in a similar role, focused on DevOps in a successful business
- Experience working in a cross-geography business context
- Comfortable working with major AWS components
- Database experience with PostgreSQL or similar
- Experience integrating with various technologies like REST API, SOAP, pure XML, FTP etc...
- Comfortable with Agile practices
- Ideally Ruby On Rails development experience
- Ideally experience with Docker or other containerisation
Why join Shippit?
We love to meet fun, geeky, smart people who want to be part of something big. We are building the technology for retailers to ship joy and recipients to control their deliveries. We are backed by some prestigious investors and have a fantastic workplace.
We've also won some awards
- 2018 Akolade Fulfilment Technology of the Year
- 2017 Best Online Shopping Innovation of the Year - Finder.com.au awards
- 2016 in Business Insider Australia’s Coolest 100 People in Australian Tech
- More to come!