Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to change the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
We're looking for an experienced and passionate Fulfilment Manager who is looking to change the way Australians think about home delivery. We like to challenge the status quo and disrupting the logistics and distribution space is right down our alley.
If you want to lead the fulfilment and logistics strategy within a company at the forefront of technology this is the career move you have been waiting for. We are a global online business with some seriously audacious goals, so be prepared to make your mark on our future success.
You'll need a high level of experience within logistics and operations especially through rapid periods of growth to cope with the increasing and scale of a high growth business including analysing and negotiating freight contracts within new markets. You must be analytical and strategic to ensure commercial business outcomes, while at the same time being innovative and tenacious in securing Koala's operations to support this global growth.
You will be responsible for the fulfilment process including international freight, warehousing and last mile delivery across Australia, Japan and new emerging markets. You will articulate the overall business strategy as it impacts your team of approximately 4 direct staff. You'll use your open communication style to lead and develop careers for your team that also meet the business needs. You will ensure we are partnering with the right suppliers to provide a best in class delivery service. You will play a key role in the implementation of an ERP (Netsuite), relationships with our 3PLs and the ongoing improvements to the operational systems and processes.
Rather than be responsive, you’ll need to deliberate and strategic to keep on streamlining our processes, further connecting our customer experience to the operations of the business through Netsuite and our proprietary logistics/experience named Gumleaf.
Analyse, monitor, negotiate and report on Koala's fulfilment operations. You will be an analytical thinker and the subject matter expert in all milestones during the product journey.
- Measuring the right things, you’ll know where to make the improvements & changes needed.
- Understand stock and inventory reports, working closely with the supply & manufacturing team to maintain levels.
- Continually improve freight cost efficiency.
- Identify, develop and monitor the best logistics and inventory management.
- Partner with Koala’s digital team to ensure data-flow & business processes are aligned. Work to improve integration & transactional automation where appropriate.
- Oversee 3PL operational execution and relationship management. Manage contracts & SLA’s, business process optimisation & strategic enhancements needed for growth.
- Safety & Operations:
- We have a small sample warehouse with hand pallet stacker, showroom and a small design workshop. You'll need to ensure users of these spaces do so safely.
- You will oversee deliveries & couriers both in and out.
You will have
- Extensive Netsuite or similar ERP experience
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- High level communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of furniture (or similar) business, strategies and how the competition operates in the eComm marketplace. You will have the ability to use this knowledge to inform and influence strategies.
- 5+ years experience in Fulfilment and Operations roles in fast paced environments.
- Knowledge of freight, warehousing and inventory practices and systems.
- Ability to influence across multiple partners/marketplaces/geographies.
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop & implement strategies according to plans, monitor progress, and make the necessary adjustments to achieve objectives.
- Be aware of the impact and implications of decisions on other aspects of business.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully and resolve conflict in tough situations; win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Experience creating and maintaining a positive environment that promotes high-performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Clear understanding of accounting principles and the impact of fulfilment transactions
Benefits we offer
- Be part of our massive growth plans
- Competitive package
- Free products (+ discounts for family & friends)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Lots of free food and social events
- Casual Friday every day (shorts and t-shirt friendly)