Would you like to drive the tech development of a fast growing start-up in Australia and beyond? Do you like the sound of Real-time data analytics, Computer vision or Machine learning and would love to build a product to put in the hands of millions of shoppers while answering one of the most important problems of the Retail and Consumer Products industry?
Who we are:
We want to help brands and retailers grow by delivering higher value and better in-store experience to their shoppers, while creating additional revenue opportunities for everyday people in Australia and beyond.
Our fast growing start-up has been helping some of the biggest companies in the world get real-time point of sale data analytics – Coca-Cola, Mars Wrigley Confectionery (Mars, Snickers, Extra), Pernod Ricard (Absolut Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Havana Club), Ferrero (Nutella, Kinder, Tic Tac) and many more.
In less than 2 years, we achieve the following milestones:
- Awarded Start-Up of the Year at StartCon
- Recognised as Digital Disruptor of the Retail and Consumer Products industry by the Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Selected to be part of muru-d, the Telstra accelerator
- $1M fund raising to accelerate growth
- Partner of Coca-Cola Amatil through their innovation and accelerator program, Amatil X
- 50,000 users on our Mobile App, and an increased popularity supported by the Australian media
- 30+ leading FMCG companies and retailers leveraging the power of Snooper
- An amazing team of 12 whose passion led to these fantastic results and are looking forward to the next Snooper adventures
What we do:
SNOOPER is a crowdsourcing platform for brands: our community of shoppers gets paid to collect in-store data and share their experience with brands in real time through our app.
What’s in it for the brands: We are turning marketing and sales into a science – not just an art – by providing real time data analytics to brands at the lowest cost so that they can make smarter sales and marketing decisions. Brands can finally see through the eyes of their customers in real time and take actions to improve their experience in store.
What’s in it for our Snoopers: We create extra money opportunities for our community of shoppers and allow anyone to make money with their smartphones. Download the app, answer a couple of questions while shopping and get paid!
You’ll find more information on our website www.snooper-app.com or watch our client testimonials on our youtube channel.
- We’re are looking for an experienced and passionate full-stack software engineer to build the next version of our platform
- You will build a product that will be used by the most renowned brands and retailers in Australia and beyond
- Your product will be in the hands of thousands of people as of day 1, with the aim to be used by millions
- You will get a senior role in our tech team and have the chance to join us during this exciting scaling stage
- Participate to the strategic definition of our tech roadmap and implement the product architecture for SNOOPER 2.0 – Full-stack: infra, database, backend, frontend UI, Computer Vision APIs, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence, the lot! – Examples of previous systems will be required.
- Develop highly scalable applications, RESTful Web Services and other backend enhancements that will be the building blocks of our platform 2.0 (e.g. new interface for our clients integrating cutting edge analytical tools, new features released on our admin platform to automate the creation and push of our Snooper missions to our user community, integration of visual recognition and machine learning to keep improving the quality and depth of our data, new community management tools to mobilise our 50,000 shoppers when and where needed,…)
- Work closely with the business team on the product design and implementation
- Work on Research and Development to enhance the product capabilities (machine learning, computer vision, …)
- Continuously analyse and assess the current state of our product infrastructure and overall stack to keep it fully functional and up to industry standards.
- Monitor bugs and identify risks before they happen to ensure great user experiences for our customers and continuous operationality for our team.
- Conduct research, provide recommendations and write code that meet the requirements of the business and supports its growth.
- Write and maintain high quality standards of code by adopting rigorous testing (TDD) and debugging approach.
- Keep up to date with latest technologies to ensure our products meets the requirement of the industry in terms of quality and interconnectivity through APIs.
- Maintain high quality documentation to support your work
- Maintain rigorous roadmap of tech activity to ensure business objectives are met and provide guidance and recommendations to meet deadlines.
- Work in close relationship with business to understand customers and team needs and develop a product that supports the growth of the business.
- Monitor and manage IT costs, give recommendations and implement solutions to optimise budget.
- Minimum 3 years experience as Full-stack engineer or back-end engineer but capable to do front-end
- Experience with the Java ecosystem
- Skilled at developing REStful Web Services in support of business
- Experience with development flow and related tools (Git, CI/CD concept)
- Creative technical problem solver
- Organised, methodical and detail-oriented
- Able to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Passion for results and ready to go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients and users
- Ownership of strategic decisions
- Able to explain to a non-technical audience
- Great sense of ownership, personal drive and autonomy
- Team player caring deeply about people
- Experience with React
- AWS experience
- Kotlin as a backend experience
- Scala + Spark experience
- JS as a backend experience
- PHP and CodeIgniter
- Join an awarded and fast growing start-up at the beginning of our scaling stage
- Earn a competitive salary
- Get the ability to be in the driving seat and take ownership to drive our technical roadmap – you will have a very high impact on the business, immediately!
- Build a product used by the most renowned brands in the world and solving one of the biggest problem of the Retail and FMCG industry
- Get unparalleled learning opportunities in a fast-paced organisation thanks to stage of the business and span of your responsibilities and by being a key member of our tech team
- Benefit from our connection with the start-up ecosystem, notably the muru-D network (the accelerator backed by Telstra as we had the privilege to be part of the SYD4 cohort)
- Enjoy a great work environment with a fun team and other perks (quarterly team offsites, regular team lunches, weekly Friday drinks and ‘Win of the Week’ celebrations,…)
- Work from our amazing office right in the center of the Sydney CBD (bright open space shared with great Australian start-ups, barista coffee machine, ping pong table, office bar open every Friday afternoon,…)
Please apply by sending us your CV at email@example.com or contact Romain Stas de Richelle, our cofounder, via Linkedin if you have questions about the role.
You can also come visit us at our office (Sydney CBD – Wynyard) and let’s catch up to discuss your ambitions.
Please note that we do NOT accept candidates from recruiting firms or agencies.