Want to make a genuine impact in a hyper-growth SaaS product lead company?
With over 90,000 businesses now on the Deputy platform, our team has done exceptionally well in scaling the business and building out product functionality. We've only scratched the surface in terms of what we can do for the global economy. Want to learn more? Apply today!
Mission: "The Why"
As a Full Stack Engineer you will be working closely with your peers, product, design and leadership to build amazing products and features for the Deputy platform, delivering services and products to millions of users and businesses from small & medium to enterprise.
You wake up every morning knowing with confidence that the work you do, from the user facing experiences to the backend APIs are being used to power the livelihood of millions of users worldwide.
Responsibilities: "The What"
- Advocate and champion modern best practices & techniques
- Apply expertise in developing back-end application and services in various languages (e.g: PHP, Golang, Node.js, Java). We mainly use PHP.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Contribute to and improve our test, build & deployment CI pipelines
- Develop service-based architecture and designing persistence and caching models using RDBMS and NoSQL
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
Who you are: "The How"
- PHP experience is a huge bonus but not an absolute must, as long as you're happy to work with it
- Understanding of Restful API design, OpenAPI, Swagger
- Understanding of Service oriented architecture, microservices
- Understanding of a few storage engines, SQL (MySQL), NoSQL like Redis, DynamoDB or Cassandra
- Solid understanding of what it takes to build a scalable system and techniques involved, e.g: Caching, monitoring, tracing, eventual consistency, queues, load balancing, etc.
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Understanding of Classic JS frameworks jQuery, Mustache, Backbone, or LESS/SASS
- Understanding of Modern JS frameworks, e.g: React, Angular
- Understanding of WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Understanding of Assets & build management tools, e.g: Grunt, Webpack, Babel
- Able to bring to live UX and UI designs. Improvise when needed.
- Deep understanding of industry best practices
- Understanding of TDD/BDD and it's implementationUnderstanding of CI/CD pipelines and techniques
- Salary $110,000 - 120,000 + Super per year.
Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
Why IVP Invested in Deputy
Winner of Westpac Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018
No. 5 on Forbes Cloud 100 for 2018: Rising stars
Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics reported over 80 million hourly workers comprising over 60% of the US workforce in 2017. Global estimates are that hourly workers are 80 – 90% of the workforce. Yet while hourly workers comprise such large majorities of the global workforce, there is a stark lack of software tools available today that directly address their needs
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this videos: Deputy Explained
Check out why our customers love us: GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now